• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    http://www.thebangswitch.com/the-obama-import-ban/

http://democrats.foreignaffairs.house.gov/press_display.asp?id=1240

82 representatives sign a letter to the POTUS to enforce the ban on imported military-style firearms.
    Enforcing the import ban would require no congressional action as the President has very broad authority under the 1968 Gun Control Act to prohibit the importation of firearms and ammunition unless they are “generally recognized as particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes.”
    :mad54:

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    Elijah E. Cummings (D-MD)

Donna F. Edwards (D-MD)

Chris Van Hollen (D-MD)

I really tire of this BS.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Elijah E. Cummings (D-MD)

Donna F. Edwards (D-MD)

Chris Van Hollen (D-MD)

I really tire of this BS.

Time to clean House. I don't know if there is any real chance to make some changes at the Congressional level but it is for sure certain nothing will change if we don't get out there and try.

I'm more optimistic about working at the state and local level. I bitch a lot about being in Cummings' district but I look at being in Brochin's District 42 as an opportunity for payback. Tim Robinson is the Republican candidate for state senator in 42. His campaign is just getting off the ground and will need the backing of every gun owner who hasn't forgotten Brochin's back stabbing on SB281.

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    I say ban them all. My gun collection would triple in value and then maybe I could actually retire one day..or at least buy the fancy little Porsche sportscar :)

I know you're being facetious, and I'm being intentionally naive, but if they were all banned, how would one sell them to get the increased cash value? Nobody could legally purchase banned firearms.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I know you're being facetious, and I'm being intentionally naive, but if they were all banned, how would one sell them to get the increased cash value? Nobody could legally purchase banned firearms.

...because the class of firearms wouldn't be banned, importation of new ones would be blocked. The ones that are already over here would be a finite resource and therefor increase in value. It's similar to how registered full-auto's are legal to own, but your once $1,500 gun is now $20,000 because there are only so many out there and there won't be any new ones. Every year some break down, get stolen, or otherwise drop out of the market, making those still around increasingly rare.

Sirex