• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F8L_Funnel

Jan 28, 2013
    These officers are obviously idiots and a glowing example of why guns and alcohol don't mix(look out Georgia). However, if you have never lived in NYC, then don't bash the NYPD. Yes OP, i know you didn't bash anyone, but i'm sure someone who doesn't know, will.

True it is a whole lot better now then 25-30 years ago, but that's because they have about 34,500 officers policing 9 million people. They have a very tough job there.

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    These officers are obviously idiots and a glowing example of why guns and alcohol don't mix(look out Georgia). However, if you have never lived in NYC, then don't bash the NYPD. Yes OP, i know you didn't bash anyone, but i'm sure someone who doesn't know, will.

True it is a whole lot better now then 25-30 years ago, but that's because they have about 34,500 officers policing 9 million people. They have a very tough job there.

I don't get the Georgia reference. Not everyone goes to bars to drink alcohol. Usually my group would have a designated driver, so why should that person (who is protecting us on the road) not be able to protect us in our travels around the city while bar hopping?

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    However, if you have never lived in NYC, then don't bash the NYPD.

I have lived in three NYC boroughs and I think that the NYPD has good and bad.

I definitely think they have an alcohol problem.

They definitely also have a gun problem, namely how the armorer screws up the trigger, and how most officers barely receive any training.

It's almost as if they're setting them up to fail on purpose.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Their IA must be busy. Fire them, charge them, convict them...disgraceful.

Sent from the Bantu Wind using Tapatalk.

Marksman

Only the police should have guns - because they are so highly trained!

“Only the police should have handguns.” -President Clinton, while speaking about gun control.

"For target shooting, that's okay. Get a license and go to the range. For defense of the home, that's why we have police departments." -James Brady

"You know I don't believe in people owning guns, only the police and military. And I'm going to do everything I can to disarm this state." -Michael Dukakis

"There is no reason for anyone in this country, anyone except a police officer or a military person, to buy, to own, to have, to use a handgun." -Michael Gartner, NBC President

"In fact, only police, soldiers and, maybe, licensed target ranges should have handguns. No one else needs one." -Michael Gartner, NBC President

"Let us take the guns away from the people. Exemptions should be limited to the military, the police and those licensed for good and sufficient reasons." -Patrick V. Murphy, former NYPD Commissioner

"I would like to say, I think there should be a law that no one can have a gun in the U.S.; If you have a gun, you go to jail. Only the police should have guns." -Rosie O'Donnell

"I think the only people in this nation who should be allowed to own guns are police officers. I don't care if you want to hunt, I don't care if you think it's your right. I say, "Sorry!" It is 1999, we have had enough as a nation. You are not allowed to own a gun and if you do own a gun, I think you should go to prison." -Rosie O'Donnell

"My staff and I right now are working on a comprehensive gun-control bill. We don't have all the details, but for instance, regulating the sale and purchase of bullets. Ultimately, I would like to see the manufacture and possession of handguns banned except for military and police. But that's the endgame. And in the meantime, there are some specific things that we can do with legislation." -Rep. Bobby Rush (D-IL)

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    Don't forget Jim Florio from NJ who promised that only the police will carry guns

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Georgia does not allow bar patrons to drink while armed.

Thats a law/rule in almost any state that allows CCW/OC. Some states you arent supposed to even enter certain establishments while armed regardless of whether you are drinking or not. Bars etc. Here it is illegal to drink and be armed while not in the home. In fact if someone gets a DUI and has a firearm in the car they are charged with a firearms crime. I am not sure what the charge is called, but it does not result in losing your gun rights.

There are certain "exceptions" to this. IE camping, etc. A ranger told me this ( so it is his OPINION, and I take that into consideration).

As far as these NYPD guys, i hope the book gets thrown at their balls.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Two drunken NYPD cops fired their guns in separate, off-duty incidents, one of which involved an officer emptying his handgun — firing 13 rounds — at a man inside a nearby car, hitting him six times

Holy crap! 13 rounds, 6 hit the target, and NO innocent bystanders?

This has got to be an NYPD record!

We need a new law in NY - officers MUST drink on duty, from now on.

It's for the children.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Empire_State_Building_shooting

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Holy crap! 13 rounds, 6 hit the target, and NO innocent bystanders?

This has got to be an NYPD record!

We need a new law in NY - officers MUST drink on duty, from now on.

It's for the children.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Empire_State_Building_shooting

That is funny hahahaha

But a shooting on a crowded street, thats a tough one. Almost a no win situation. I imagine it is alot different than shooting paper in a controlled environment.......

yellowfin

Pro 2A Gastronome
    Jul 30, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    However, if you have never lived in NYC, then don't bash the NYPD. Yes OP, i know you didn't bash anyone, but i'm sure someone who doesn't know, will.

They have a tough job, but that doesn't excuse them from being anti gun and supporting the anti gun regime, which wipes out everything good they can ever claim to do.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    They have a tough job, but that doesn't excuse them from being anti gun and supporting the anti gun regime, which wipes out everything good they can ever claim to do.

Not supporting gun rights wipes out everything good they ever "claim" to do? Wow, now THAT is a dumb thing to say.

Yea, screw all the people they have saved from God knows how many different circumstances. Bastards don't like my gun rights!

Thanks for the clarification Elmer...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom