• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    And done

Awaiting opinion count (If my math is right)
    November - 1 (NY)
    December - 5 (Dobbs v Jackson - Abortion), (Carson v Makin)
    January - 3
    February - 6 (WV v EPA - Chevron overreach - similar to bump stock)
    March - 5
    April - 9 (Kennedy v Bremerton), (Biden v Texas)
    -----------------------

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Awaiting opinion count (If my math is right)
    November - 1 (NY)
    December - 5 (Dobbs v Jackson - Abortion), (Carson v Makin)
    January - 3
    February - 6 (WV v EPA - Chevron overreach - similar to bump stock)
    March - 5
    April - 9 (Kennedy v Bremerton), (Biden v Texas)
    -----------------------

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    I am surprised to only see one case released today. However not surprised that this case wasn’t released.

I Still say it will be released the week of the 23rd, and before that conference date.

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Just curious, does anyone know if they are given dates to have their dissent done? With how big this is, could it be a simple case of a liberal justice holding up our rights by not turning it in, in a timely manner?

Or conversely a conservative majority being sure their logic, reasoning, and application is “bulletproof”
    It’s like an NFA tax stamp. We’ve all waited this long, what’s another week or so?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Abuck

Ultimate Member
    Or conversely a conservative majority being sure their logic, reasoning, and application is “bulletproof”
    It’s like an NFA tax stamp. We’ve all waited this long, what’s another week or so?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh I had considered that as well, especially with recent events. And NY telegraphing that they are preparing new ways to violate our rights in response to this upcoming ruling. I say cut them off at the pass as much as possible and get this as right as can be. Spank them now, so you can spank them even harder next time they mess around.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    I want it right more than I want it right now, though I am starting to feel like getting it right should have happened by now.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Patience, Grasshopper. Most of us have talked about how this particular ruling would be pushed back against the end of the session. Nothing has changed.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    I look at it like getting wait times at a restaurant. If they tell me 20 minutes and i get seated in 15 that is even better. If i have to wait 20 i am ok with that.

I anticipated the end of June. Earlier i would be ok with. But i can wait. I just hope they don't make it later than that.

Nobody

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    No it’s not really about all of that. They wont hurry about issuing options/dissents decisions until they are ready too do so. Even when it comes under the shadow docket and have somewhat of a hurried timeline to do so.

Major opinions and decisions don’t usually come until the end of the term, or close to it. There are exceptions to that rule, but there is usually a reason why they do.

One would think they would have released Dobbs to end the protesting earlier and to keep it from dragging out. Yet they haven’t. Either because the dissents have not been completed. Or the rebuttals to the dissents haven’t been completed as well. They also may be waiting till the last minute so they can head out of town.

Truth fully there is no way of really knowing. We know the basic process of how someone is chosen to write the Majority Opinion. Yet even that can change if someone writes another opinion and the Majority prefer that opinion better.

We also logically know that a dissent as well as concurring opinions can’t really be written without having the Majority Opinion first. There have been times as well as rebuttal opinions have been written to dissents as well.

We also know that justices have and can change their vote based on how and what is said in an opinion.

This case also has 4 cases on hold pending this case. They would NOT have put those cases on hold pending this case if something about this case and what is said In The Majority Opinion didn’t have some impact on those 4 cases. They would have either denied or granted those cases without putting them on hold pending this case.

Knowing that, something could be intentionally written in this Majority Opinion to intentionally Impact those 4 cases. (IMHO, it is probably something to do with the use of Scrutiny etc, except for Young)

We don’t have much longer to wait. Like I have said IMHO we will get the decision on this case the week of June 23rd which is the date of last conference, and the the orders for those 4 cases right after that conference

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    Just curious, does anyone know if they are given dates to have their dissent done? With how big this is, could it be a simple case of a liberal justice holding up our rights by not turning it in, in a timely manner?

I have a feeling we won't get the win we hope for. I sincerely hope I am wrong.

All depends on what your hoping for and expecting. I see some here hoping for more then is really possible, as well as those not expecting much and knowing (IMHO) we will get something better.

Imagine if your one of those hoping to overturn Roe. Alito couldn’t have written a better opinion to overturn Roe.

Keeping with that same thought… Thomas or even Barrett both very much Pro-Gun, could give us the same type of win that Alito has given those who support Pro-Life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom