• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Omnipotent

Semper Fi
    Jan 10, 2013
    MoCo
    OK, so I'm sitting here reading my latest copy of American Rifleman, and while I appreciate everything the NRA does, why is it that in the article entitled "Roll up our sleeves", do they talk about fighting legislation all over the country but not in Maryland! I mean they are HQ'd in Virginia, they are clearly aware of all of the crap going on in Maryland regarding CCW and in general the assualt on our civil liberties, but not ONE mention of Maryland anywhere in the article.

What gives?

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I've read that they have been in meetings with MD lawmakers already. They are here, I just don't think there has been much press about it.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    **** The NRA is aware of what is going on in Maryland but the lead time to print the magazine we just got is several weeks ago so some of the crazier things O'Malley, Cardin and others have been bloviating about very recently just didn't make it into the issue. I have gotten a lot of email and info from them and the NRA-ILA regarding Maryland and what is going on, contacting local legislators, etc...

I have also received email and other info from other organizations I belong to that are also working along the same lines as NRA-ILA to address recent issues in Maryland concerning our 2A rights. Maryland is close to DC and lots of K street type lobbyists live here that work for NRA and other pro 2A groups.

Best thing you can do is write your legislators, newspapers, etc.. to make us all heard. Not everyone in Maryland is against our 2A rights - it only seems that way - especially now that the MSM is just hammering us 24/7.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    The NRA has called and emailed me about all of the threats on the state and federal level. Had a message on the answering machine today from them about opposing the MD assault weapons ban and the date of the hearing.

RetNavyHD

Dec 7, 2008
    North East, MD
    Exactly why I will never join the NRA........why did it take them till now to act in MD? They should have had our back long before this, glad to spend my money elsewhere.

Omnipotent

Semper Fi
    Jan 10, 2013
    MoCo
    No I get that...I get their info...I guess my "concern" is in the magazine which is national they seem to be talking about states where they think they are close to winning or overturning existing legislation, yet Maryland got zero mention.

Just makes me wonder if the NRA thinks we are that far away from CCW.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Don't give up on the NRA!!! I don't agree with them 100%, BUT they are the main tool we have to fight back with. They have limited funds to deal with and are stretched currently, thus their Life membership drive. And, don't forget that the NRA would be 40 million strong, if 50% of US gun owners would spend $35 a year and join. Only 5% of gun owners are currently NRA card holders and that's not enough for the battles ahead. These are the times that try mens' souls. We must stand together and not divide ourselves.

Hanging by my thumbs in Prince Georges county.

Lew--Ranger63 & Good Guy 176
    US Army (Ret)

Shinny

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Remember the magazine was printed last month. They didn't have the details of these thefts by our legislature to print. They could only assume and we know how that could bite us. My guess anyway. I'm sure they'll have something in the next issue.

Al Norris

Spud Head
    Dec 1, 2010
    Rupert, Idaho
    There is a 3 month lag between submissions and printing. After printing, there is approx. 30 days till we get the mag. All told, that is a 4 month lead time. Did anyone know what was going on last October? Hmmm?

Omnipotent

Semper Fi
    Jan 10, 2013
    MoCo
    I was referncing CCW more than the AWB. The article was all about shall issue vs may issue, this is why I thought NRA would have talked about MD, since we are awaiting Wollard.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Join the NRA even if you don't agree with them 100%. They are the only lobby with enough juice to influence major policy. Remember they have go up against tremendous wealth and influence like Bloomberg and Soros.

Omnipotent

Semper Fi
    Jan 10, 2013
    MoCo
    Join the NRA even if you don't agree with them 100%. They are the only lobby with enough juice to influence major policy. Remember they have go up against tremendous wealth and influence like Bloomberg and Soros.

Oh, I'm a member and supporter, no worries there. :thumbsup:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The NRA is what it is, and does what it does. We have and will debate the detail of their prioritizing. But they are still the 750 lb gorilla of gun rights, and every other 2A group combined couldn't come close to their influence at the National level for lobbying or elections.

They still inspire great fear amongst the antis. While I occasionally wish to see the other groups get their props, particularily SAF, but keeping up the NRA's image with the enemy will benefit us all.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I think ist good that Saf stays below the radar. Tactically sound even. We know what's going on and it one of groups that I try to get gun owners involved with esp now.

The NRA takes such bassing from the msm that many gun folks are not willing to associate themselves with them. This something we can I'll afford so I try set them straight and then point them at other groups.

Also the low % of gun owners who are in the NRA weaken us and makes us look more divided than we are. Then you get the I am a gun owner but ... crap and most gun owners do not agree with the extreme view of the NRA crap..

now really only the gun control industry and its lackeys would make such a claim based on someone not joining NRA but it works. and I can all so tell you that the propaganda against the NRA is keeping there numbers down and thus making us weaker as a group.

Join out of spite if you must, but join. Then while the gun control lobby is fixed on that target the Saf or Msi can out flank them . You should join them as well and any others I am to tired to mention..

Brooklyn
    Sorry about the typos,I am on a tablet which is not much better than a cell phone

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom