• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • montyw2

Feb 11, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    I attended and completed both the NRA Basic Instructor Training and NRA Basic Pistol Instructor courses w Ben and his trainers this past week. It was a first rate learning opportunity.
    I would strongly encourage anyone with an interest to take a class from Ben!
    He is very thorough, knowledgable, patient and humorous.

www.kelkye.com

:thumbsup:

montyw2

Feb 11, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    I also strongly agree with the rule of not having ammo in the class room. If you take enough classes you'll encounter plenty of "lifelong shooters" who don't have or practice safe firearm handling skills and I certainly don't need them to make a mistake or have a ND that could've been avoided.
    As such I always sit in the back of the room, closest to the exit. Just in case...

CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia
    I cannot imagine any circumstances where I would allow anyone to possess live ammunition in any NRA class I was teaching. This includes discreet carry permit holders and law enforcement officers. The only exception would be a NRA reloading class, and in that class ammunition would be allowed, but firearms would be prohibited.

You need three things to fire a gun… A gun, ammunition, and a person. Remove any one of those and your risk of accidental or negligent discharge is nearly non-existent.

Many of us on this forum have attended the Glock Armorers’ course, including some at Park Police Headquarters. At the beginning of the class, everyone, including all police – even uniformed police are disarmed and firearms locked in a box in another room. This is not just to torque the New Jersey State Troopers, who cry like babies with a full diaper.

When you allow discreet carry permit holders, or even well trained law enforcement, or even other instructors to possess loaded firearms in a classroom setting you decrease the margin of safety to unacceptable levels. We have all seen the videos.

Possessing live ammo in a NRA class is also a violation of NRA training guidelines (as well as UT CFP – “No live ammunition will be allowed in the classroom”, and MSP – “Students will be told before the class and upon entering the classroom that no loaded firearms or ammunition will be permitted in the classroom.” A substantiated claim of allowing live ammo would surely result in your credentials being revoked.

AMEN!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom