• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MindOOB

Jul 6, 2012
    ideally yea but will fit up to a 28inch gun assembled and up to a 16inch upper with lower detached

How much bulkier is it than a traditional hiking backpack? Not to sound too much of a lady but is there a good amount of padding on the back?

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    I like that it is long enough for my torso. Most packs are way too short for me.

Admit it, these are great concealment packs.
    0084334004665_180X180.jpg

These guys make some nice packs as well.
    sniperRiflefromG3.gif

http://www.eberlestock.com/Tactical Master.htm

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    Cool and clandestine, but too bulky IMO.

I recently discovered that my 10.2" Blackout SBR build fits perfectly into my 10/22 takedown case... and the takedown case has perfect pouches for 4 30rd mags and the suppressor. Now I just need to cover up the huge Ruger hawk on the side. Probably use one of these:

patch-speed-racer-anniversary.jpg

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Can you really call that concealed carry? Concealed carry to me, denotes the ability to use the weapon whether it's a pistol, rifle or knife.

Makes about as much sense as the $5000 breakdown rifle one of the IP's was selling. If I'm in a situation that I feel like I need to have a rifle with me, I want the rifle assembled ready to go.

RW2111

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Industry Partner
    Apr 2, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Can you really call that concealed carry? Concealed carry to me, denotes the ability to use the weapon whether it's a pistol, rifle or knife.

Makes about as much sense as the $5000 breakdown rifle one of the IP's was selling. If I'm in a situation that I feel like I need to have a rifle with me, I want the rifle assembled ready to go.

It is concealed for us who work overseas such as myself

Ultimate Member
    nice pack if you just want to move a gun.

I'd need something to carry a hiking load.

I usually carry a compact pistol in an external pocket I can get to in less than 4 seconds. I've carried an AR in a hiking pack. They are one of the lightest rifles and the .223 ammo is also ideal for carrying long distances. I had the break down the upper and lower, but it was not problem.

carrying a rifle long distances is hard and it is just not practical to be able to access it fast.

Very nice for the range or something. Now that I think about it, I have not back packs or things on rollers. Every time I am at the range I have things slung over me and way too much weight in my hands carrying cases and other stuff.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    nice pack if you just want to move a gun.

I'd need something to carry a hiking load.

I usually carry a compact pistol in an external pocket I can get to in less than 4 seconds. I've carried an AR in a hiking pack. They are one of the lightest rifles and the .223 ammo is also ideal for carrying long distances. I had the break down the upper and lower, but it was not problem.

carrying a rifle long distances is hard and it is just not practical to be able to access it fast.

Very nice for the range or something. Now that I think about it, I have not back packs or things on rollers. Every time I am at the range I have things slung over me and way too much weight in my hands carrying cases and other stuff.

I use a Hill People Gear kit bag to carry my g19 when I hike. It will hold full size handguns as well. They also just released a smaller one that will hold G19s and anything smaller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom