• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    ok cool i like them and hear their the shit!! THANKS

Indeed they are.

Our chrome lined barrels are cold hammer forged and made with the material callouts and manufacturing process for the M249 Machine Gun barrel. The cold hammer forging process work hardens the steel around a rifled mandrel, which creates the lands and grooves. These barrels are chambered in 5.56mm NATO. The barrel is then chrome lined to the spec for a M249 Machine Gun barrel, which is about twice as thick as that of an M4 barrel. The end result is a rifle that can be run hard day after day. Having been part of many excellent training opportunities, I have seen how a barrel may experience serious trauma from high rates of fire and sustained high temperatures. For any high round count, high temp, heavy shooting, I recommend our chrome lined barrel.

Our stainless barrels are made to fill a precision role while retaining flawless function. Retaining accuracy and reliability is a complicated balance in that the chamber needs to be slightly modified from the NATO to improve bullet hook-up in the throat, while keeping to functional properties of the NATO body dimensions.The result is our proprietary Noveske chambering. The steel used is a type of 416r and hardened to about 30 HRC prior to any machining. These barrels are button rifled with our proprietary 7 PT button. This rifling profile differs from that in the chrome lined barrel line in that the lands have a slightly more trapezoidal shape. This design and the type of stainless used helps the lead edge of the rifling from eroding as fast as it might with conventional rifling, and the barrels tend to outlast others. For use in any precision application, we recommend the stainless barrel for its edge in accuracy and excellent reliability.

eddiek2000

Sweet Lemonade!!
    Feb 11, 2008
    Southern Maryland - Chuck Co.
    With Noveske you gotta pay to play. Definitely a buy once cry once option. Here is mine:

18" SPR 5.56mm Upper - u-18-556 - http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bi...=18-556&cat=124&page=1&search=&since=&status=

It is one sweet upper. It is so much more accurate than I am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom