• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Sadly, Maryland looks at your permit like a part of your work issued equipment. In their eyes, it is like your badge or uniform. These must be returned to your employer upon your cessation of working there. The permit was issued because you worked there. Now that you are no longer employed there, the permit must be returned. Sorry.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Thank you for your service, etc . That had nothing to do with recieving or retaining your permit in Maryland.

It would seem your Permit was employment related, and presumably restricted to On Duty, or at most On Duty , and to/ from home.

When said employment ends, the Permit is no longer valid. You can have up to a 30 day window before physically turning it in ( albeit not exercising it ) in order to obtain new employment that would also qualify for employment related Permit, additionally provideed that the Job Description matches exactly word for word. ie Security Gaurd not = Investagator , not = Driver/ Gaurd , not = Investagator, etc.

It's wrong, It's unfair, but It's Maryland.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    The State of Maryland does not want anyone to have a carry permit. Hell, they don't want anyone to own a firearm at all, but they just haven't gotten that far yet.

WRONG

Realize that a few years ago, the legislature voted to make it easier for THEM to get a carry permit.

They don't want YOU to have a carry permit or have a firearm. They want THEM to have both.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    WRONG

Realize that a few years ago, the legislature voted to make it easier for THEM to get a carry permit.

They don't want YOU to have a carry permit or have a firearm. They want THEM to have both.

There are surprisingly few member of the GA who have a carry permit. I believe the count stands at 2.

BondJamesBond

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2009
    WRONG

Of course. I was referring to the serfs, not the ruling class. Never forget...they consider us to be their enemies.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    No surprises here. If you put down your occupation as the reason for the need of the permit and now that occupation no longer exists, then they yank your permit. It would have been interesting to see if you had added "all lawful purposes" to your reasons, if they would have yanked it.

oldsarge

Old & Crusty
    Jan 14, 2009
    Calvert County
    So you had an unrestricted permit? I find that hard to believe.

Work related permits are only valid while you are on the job

My permit is work related. I only have it because of my job. It states right on the back that it is only valid when not working. This is the only restriction I have and it is fine with me since when I'm at work, I have an issued weapon to carry whenever I need it.

iobidder

1 point'er
    Nov 11, 2011
    Everywhere

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    There are surprisingly few member of the GA who have a carry permit. I believe the count stands at 2.

I know at least two off the top of my head... And I am sure they made the records private in October for reasons that are broader than protecting permit holders.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I know at least two off the top of my head... And I am sure they made the records private in October for reasons that are broader than protecting permit holders.
    PIA requests were done on this in the last 2 years or so. Only 2 had them. Maybe there are more now. Regardless, I am glad they made the data private.

oldsarge

Old & Crusty
    Jan 14, 2009
    Calvert County
    No error. This is what my permit states on the back. I thought it was weird the first time I saw it but the more I thought about it, in my line of work, it makes sense. The only other thing it states is that I cannot use it for any other type of employment.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    The job was your permit.

This. The job hosted your permit. You as a citizen did not. You just had an armed security permit, right? People think you might have had a ccw permit.
    Why do people think they should still be able to carry when they are no longer working the gate or site they were at, not employed with the company?

sent from somewhere in the world.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    If it were me, I'd keep appealing this as high up as possible just to use/waste valuable state resources, but that's just me

Why?
    Someone employed as an armed guard for a security company had their armed permit sponsored by that company they work for.
    No longer working for that company = no longer needing a permit.
    Why is this so hard for people to comprehend?

It isn't like he had his own CCW permit(what many here want) and all of the sudden they yanked it. It's an employment issue. Simple as that. His character or integrity wasn't attacked.

sent from somewhere in the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom