• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jan 24, 2013
    Pasadena
    There are two days of important hearings on bad and good gun bills- if you can only attend one, please attend the March 1st hearing to oppose HB 294- the crossfiled bill of SB 281.

Please note: There is a planned anti gun rally at lawyers mall on March 1st- we should come to Annapolis in numbers as you did Feb 6, but do not converge on lawyers mall so as not to give the anti gunners extra numbers!

HB 294 ( crossfile of SB 281- so called firearms safety act)
    March 1st, 1pm House Judiciary Committee
    Lowe House Office Building

To submit written testimony, you would need to bring 40 copies of your testimony. If you can get your 40 copies to me in room 216 of the Lowe House Office Building, I will make sure your copies are submitted. Testimony can be brought in anytime between now and the hearing date.

Other bills heard on March 1st can be found by following this link: Judiciary Committee Schedule and scrolling to “Friday March 1”

March 5- there will be gun bills heard in both the Senate ( Judicial Proceedings) and House (Judiciary)
    Judiciary Committee Schedule
    Judicial Proceeding Committee Schedule
    (scroll down to Tuesday, March 5”)

Delegate Dwyer has two good bills being heard in Judiciary on March 5th and we would welcome your testimony in support. Please contact Louisa at 410-841-3047 or respond to this email if you plan on attending to testify or if you would like to submit written testimony.

HB 589- Firearms Freedom Act- would prohibit enforcement of any Federal Firearms ban including magazine capacity bans on the Citizens of MD and provides that the Attorney General represent a MD Citizen who is charged federally with a violation of a federal ban, should one be passed. We have amended the bill to include NATO treaties.

HB 426- Firearm Ammunition - Purchaser Information- This bill would prohibit the taking of personal information by anyone selling ammunition.

Constitutionally Yours,

Don H. Dwyer, Jr.
    Delegate
    Maryland General Assembly
    District 31, Anne Arundel County
    410-841-3047 (office)
    www.delegatedwyer.com

Jan 24, 2013
    Pasadena
    Thanks. See you there. There seem to be bills on other days as well can I leave written testimony for those as well in case I can't make it?

yes, you can submit written testimony. Please be sure you have the 40 required copies- mark clearly which bills and which position you are taking on the bill.
    You can submit the testimony to my office at any time between now and the hearing and I will make sure its submitted for you.

yotaboy24

Mar 12, 2009
    So is there going to be any type of rally this time? I truly hope so I'm going either way just wondering if I should make a sign this time lol.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Del Dwyer, I'm planning on another bus trip for March 1st for those residing in Carroll County that are interested in attending/testifying on the House Bills as was done with the Senate Bills on February 6th. We'll be there and keep up the good work.:thumbsup:

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    So if there are House and Senate hearings on the 5th, besides submitting written testimony, would it be good to sign in to both hearings even though we'll only be able to stay at one? That would get our name on the record right?

capman98

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Mt. Airy maryland
    Del Dwyer, I'm planning on another bus trip for March 1st for those residing in Carroll County that are interested in attending/testifying on the House Bills as was done with the Senate Bills on February 6th. We'll be there and keep up the good work.:thumbsup:

Lou, we can do the same as the last bus trip if you want.

Thank you Mr. Dwyer, it is good to have someone on the front lines working with us and not against us. See you on the 1st

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    To submit written testimony, you would need to bring 40 copies of your testimony. If you can get your 40 copies to me in room 216 of the Lowe House Office Building, I will make sure your copies are submitted. Testimony can be brought in anytime between now and the hearing date.
    [/url]

Thank you. Will you also be collecting Written testimonies for the senate hearings on 3/5, or not being part of the senate you are not authorized to deliver those? And if so how many copies needed for the senate committee?

I am planning to come both days, but doing my best to plan and maximize my time to ensure I have registered my opposition(or support depending on the bill) on all the bills for the house and senate on 3/5.

Thank you.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I will be there on the 1st, any chance that those of us that got locked out on the 6th, will be able to be heard on the 1st?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom