• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NB1214

Jan 19, 2010
    Charleston, SC
    email i just received, currently in the process of sending another round of emails and calling delegates

Dear supporter of the Second Amendment:

It is not looking good. The Governor and his anti-Second Amendment allies are working hard to pass SB281 including the most egregious portions including a ban on commonly owned firearms. While I've been working hard with our allies to defeat this legislation, today I learned that the Governor is gaining momentum and it looks more likely that this is going to pass.

We need help from the citizens of our state. There are several pro-second amendment organizations working with us to defeat the legislation. Below are two of their website that provide an excellent update and some information as to what you can do to help. See below.

Maryland Shall Issue:
    http://marylandshallissue.org/2013/...nors-gun-control-bill-imminent-fight-the-ban/

National Rifle Association:
    http://www.nraila.org/legislation/s...tempt-to-evade-responsibility.aspx?s=&st=&ps=

Yours truly,
    Nic Kipke

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    I got the same one. I sent another full GA email round today with the subject "O'Malley won't be here in 2014, but I WILL". I stated my opposition to SB 281 and let them know we are keeping track of how they vote and will be waiting to reward or punish in 2014. Tomorrow I'm heading down to spread the same message face-to-face. DON'T STOP!

JasonB

Ultimate Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Belcamp
    Now is the time to give them everything you've got. Don't hold back. After you've called all of their offices call and visit their campaign donors and let them know you will be voting out the antis and voting with your wallet against their sponsors.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    just got it also. who would be the best people to email? i have sent hundreds but can send more tomorrow for sure. i have called every one of the delegates but i can call more tommorrow also.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I'm not getting replies, not even robo-replies. Wonder if they directed me straight to the spam box

Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County
    Send them emails but either space out the numbers like this: SB 2 8 1 or put periods in between like this SB 2.8.1. Don't know if it will work but it might be able to defeat their spam filters. Also stay away from the terms firearm, gun and weapon. Once again don't know that it will work but it's worth a shot.

SKS1956

Mar 1, 2013
    I received this one.....

Friends:

I have been delaying answering your email, waiting for some news to tell you, but I have been hearing only that the House Judiciary Committee is amending the Governor’s gun control bills, trying to water them down. This information, however, is from last week.

The only “news” I can give you is that I and my pro-2A colleagues are doing everything in our power to kill this bill. You are helping tremendously with your phone calls and emails. This is probably the reason they are delaying so long. They may possibly hold the bill until the last possible moment at the very end of session, which ends April 8 at midnight (that is, the midnight which begins the 9th).

The only other advice I can give is for you to organize groups to come to Annapolis every day from now to the end of session to lobby the House Judiciary Committee members, especially the Chairman, Joe Vallario, and the Vice-Chair, Kathleen Dumais.

Rick Impallaria

Delegate, District 7 (Baltimore & Harford Counties)

Rick.Impallaria@house.state.md.us

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Just remember this situation massively sucks for the Anti's also .

From their viewpoint , this should have been a slamdunk, long ago settled and celebrated, and moved onto the next thing. Instead their still fighting us. Still in play , but the Gov is having to stepup to 120% effort for what he expected to be an easy victory.

[Dated movie refrence ]. Visualize O'Mally as Butch& Sundance looking over their shoulder at the persueing posse . " Who are those Guys ? Won't they ever stop fighting me ? "

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    If there is any way you can make a trip to Annapolis happen, DO IT!

If possible contact a friendly Delagate, Smeagle was great to work with yesterday, and see if you can get an introduction with the HJC Chairman and Vice Chair. He did this for a small group of 15 yesterday. It was impressive to leave his office with 6 other people and watch our numbers grow by simply walking down the hall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom