:lol2:

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      23.1 KB · Views: 340

RepublicanJD

Jul 16, 2014
    AA County
    So lame. He's the one that should have been removed from his job. Customers are vital to any business and lying to customers..and not providing good customer service is a good way to go out of business. I hope you don't work in retail if you think what he did was in any way acceptable.

I worked in retail for a long time to get through college. Bass Pro doesn't need your business. You won't be going back anyway, so removing you from the store would not have been a problem. What YOU did was in no way acceptable and you, sir, are a disgrace to the 2A community.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    It's on you. You frequent sub-par places. You made your bed now lie in it. Don't go back to Bass Pro.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I've had several interactions with
    Pop-gunner at BPS and he's a stand up guy that will sort this out. He's one of the good guys.

Yes, subman, give pop-gunner a chance by shooting him a PM. I have worked with him many times and he is a straight shooter as well as a long-time respected member of the MDS and 2A community.

SouthCo

Nov 20, 2012
    Try 2A sales and supply in that area next time.

The employee should not have followed him after the customer declined service from him. That is where that interaction with that employee should have ended.
    He should use whatever language he felt appropriate in my opinion, he was is in a bass pro, not a kindergarten class room.

Other peoples children really aren't his responsibility. If people don't want their kids hearing grown up words, keep them out of grown up places, including places people are attempting to exercise their 2A right, with resistance from unprofessional employees.

We don't all have kids, with kid filters built in. (my filter broke around my sons 16 b-day, it doesn't exist anymore)

You have little class... Bass Pro isn't just a grown up place and has many things to cater to kids. I'm not saying he got the best customer service but how about a little self control? I don't care if someone doesn't have kids, they need to act like an adult and not a punk...

Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    When you bring profanity (especially the F word) into a simple adult disagreement - especially in a business disagreement - you lose.

You may have won "the battle". (You got your firearm.) But you lost any credibility if you were to complain about the employee. (Which is what I, instead, would have preferred to do.)

subman

BANNED!!!
    Aug 17, 2015
    Yes, subman, give pop-gunner a chance by shooting him a PM. I have worked with him many times and he is a straight shooter as well as a long-time respected member of the MDS and 2A community.

A chance at what? He can post any info he has here or he can PM me. Why do I need to send him a PM? Is his broken or something?

subman

BANNED!!!
    Aug 17, 2015
    You have little class... Bass Pro isn't just a grown up place and has many things to cater to kids. I'm not saying he got the best customer service but how about a little self control? I don't care if someone doesn't have kids, they need to act like an adult and not a punk...

Cry me me a river. I said the F word. Pull ya panties up and get over it.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I worked in retail for a long time to get through college. Bass Pro doesn't need your business. You won't be going back anyway, so removing you from the store would not have been a problem. What YOU did was in no way acceptable and you, sir, are a disgrace to the 2A community.

If this was in the Tupperware section of bed bath and beyond, would he be a disgrace to kitchen utensil users everywhere?

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009

+1....and with every additional post he has made in this thread he shows just how little class....I'm sure he does his momma proud...

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I'll give some experience here. When you clock in at basspro to work at the gun counter, you go through a routine to bring you up to speed if you're a good employee. For me, part of that routine was checking on any procedural changes with gun sales, checking sales flyers, and looking at the pick-up paperwork to see what date they were on. Paperwork ready to be picked up is in a box in the gun room. Typically paperwork comes back to basspro in bunches and is roughly aligned with the date of purchase. If you see what day they're currently caught up to, you've got a pretty good guideline to work with if a customer calls or asks at the counter.

That said, it's just a guideline to help set the customer's expectations in the initial contact. If they're on 9/15/15 and a customer comes in asking about a purchase from 9/17/15, I'd say something like, "We just got in the paperwork from 9/17, but let me go check for you. What's your name and what gun did you buy?"

While the employee came across as lazy, he may just have known what the current date was. He still should've double-checked, but that's most likely where he was coming from. It sounds like he realized the answer didn't satisfy you and readily attempted to make it right, but you didn't give him the opportunity. He also asked if you'd like him to get his boss for you, and you just acted like a child and cussed him out.....solving nothing.

Basspro is a box store, with good employees and bad employees. The good employees really do want the bad ones ax'd so their lives can be made easier. That happens when they're consistently coming up on management's radar in a bad way. As a customer, you can cull the work force and shape it how you want it to be by talking with management when you have a bad experience. You should have taken up the offer to talk to management, and told the manager what happened. You'd be helped right away, would get that employee corrected so he doesn't make the mistake again for future customers, and would have the highest likelihood of getting helped out.

RepublicanJD

Jul 16, 2014
    AA County
    If this was in the Tupperware section of bed bath and beyond, would he be a disgrace to kitchen utensil users everywhere?

I didn't realize that kitchen Tupperware was a national political issue. Frequently, these Tupperware crazies are called nut jobs and people protest outside of these stores when they are opened in local neighborhoods. Sorry, context matters. When you're purchasing a gun you absolutely cannot show people a propensity for anger or being crazy. Again, I wouldn't have let him take the gun after a blowout like that.

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013

The only punk was the employee.

I have little class? Why because I don't have a pole up my rear end?

How do you guys walk with it so far up there?

All you foul language nazis are hilarious :lol2:

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes

How about If this was the main cabin of a trans-Atlantic 777 and a passenger starts cursing and cussing the FAs over their meal or adult beverages?

How much cursing, profanity and temper tantrum is tolerated before the Cpt requests a diversion or you get to go all Liam Neeson on them?

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    The only punk was the employee.

I have little class? Why because I don't have a pole up my rear end?

How do you guys walk with it so far up there?

All you foul language nazis are Hilarius :lol2:

There's a time and a place for everything. I'm sure my vocabulary contains all the same words that yours does and the OP's does.

The difference is I don't feel the need to use them in a crowded store on a Saturday afternoon when kids and women could possibly hear it.
    It's called self control, but I guess it's not for everyone.

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    There's a time and a place for everything. I'm sure my vocabulary contains all the same words that yours does and the OP's does.

The difference is I don't feel the need to use them in a crowded store on a Saturday afternoon when kids and women could possibly hear it.
    It's called self control, but I guess it's not for everyone.

Agreed.

I just hate seeing a new member getting ganged up on...."he's a disgrace to the 2A" and all this.....cmon

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom