• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • garym

Damn Right, Rebel Proud
    Sep 20, 2009
    Davidsonville
    NC SB 17

Kind of sucks since I am building a retirement house down there and have been using my UT non-resident permit.

"A concealed handgun permit issued by a state to a person who is not a resident of 22 that state shall not be valid in North Carolina. The permit holder's address, as shown on a 23 current drivers license, or other form of government issued identification that includes a 24 photograph, shall be prima facie evidence of the permit holder's state of residence."

http://www.ncleg.net/Sessions/2013/Bills/Senate/PDF/S17v0.pdf

ffemtreed

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2011
    Wilmington, NC
    i am pretty sure this is meant to only apply to residents of the state. its to make sure residents get the NC permit instead of bypassing and getting any other state. remember last year nc passed a law that recognizes any other states permit

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    i am pretty sure this is meant to only apply to residents of the state. its to make sure residents get the NC permit instead of bypassing and getting any other state. remember last year nc passed a law that recognizes any other states permit

And they still will recognize other state's permits as long as you are a resident of that state. All permits held by non residents will be invalid.

garym

Damn Right, Rebel Proud
    Sep 20, 2009
    Davidsonville
    For what it's worth, the NC permit is easy to get. Unless you are a felon, you'll get one.

Yeah, it's just the interim, because you need to be a resident to NC to get the NC permit. Until we finish building and move in I wont be a resident of NC. Unless there is a way that NC will issue a CCW permit to someone to a full resident?

ffemtreed

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2011
    Wilmington, NC
    Yeah, it's just the interim, because you need to be a resident to NC to get the NC permit. Until we finish building and move in I wont be a resident of NC. Unless there is a way that NC will issue a CCW permit to someone to a full resident?

I am stuck in that limbo right now since i just moved to NC.

The sheriff where i live won't give you a pistol purchase permit unless you been a resident of the state for at least 6 months and 3 months in the county. I applied for my CCW permit at the beginning of November and I am still waiting.................

Good thing Utah is still valid for now. I just wish I could by a handgun with it.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    I am stuck in that limbo right now since i just moved to NC.

The sheriff where i live won't give you a pistol purchase permit unless you been a resident of the state for at least 6 months and 3 months in the county. I applied for my CCW permit at the beginning of November and I am still waiting.................

Good thing Utah is still valid for now. I just wish I could by a handgun with it.

You need a permit to purchase a pistol in NC?

And dont they have a limited amount of time to handle your pistol permit?

IjustCantAim

Jan 20, 2010
    You need a permit to purchase a pistol in NC?

And dont they have a limited amount of time to handle your pistol permit?

You get pistol purchase permits. Up to 10 a year and you can get them all at once i believe. If your have a ccw you can use that to purchase pistols intead. Having a ccw to buy a pistol is as easy as buying a shotgun in md. In and out in ten minutes...

Cyndi59

I'm having a chemical imbalance here..so,PA and N.C. residents cannot carry on a non-resident Florida..since both states already issue a ccw's ,does being a Maryland resident holding a non-resident Florida cover us in PA and N.C. ..??

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom