Non-HBAR AR complete upper on a pre 2013 AR lower.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • My Toy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2008
    Westminster
    I know pre 2013 AR 15 platform rifles that are not an HBAR configuration were grandfathered in 2013. My question is: Can one legally speaking install a new manufactured (ie. post 2013) complete AR 15 upper in a non-HBAR configuration on a pre 2013 lower receiver (ie. I actually purchased and owned prior to 2013)? I apologize as I'm sure this has been asked before but in my advanced age it's hard to keep all of this nonsense straight.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    I know pre 2013 AR 15 platform rifles that are not an HBAR configuration were grandfathered in 2013. My question is: Can one legally speaking install a new manufactured (ie. post 2013) complete AR 15 upper in a non-HBAR configuration on a pre 2013 lower receiver (ie. I actually purchased and owned prior to 2013)? I apologize as I'm sure this has been asked before but in my advanced age it's hard to keep all of this nonsense straight.
    I have. I was told it does not matter hbar or not pre or post on a pre 2013 lower

Feb 28, 2013
    Sure ya can. The lower is the only serialized part

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    … it's hard to keep all of this nonsense straight.

Ha! “Gun control” laws, in a ^nutshell!^

(preaching to the choir) Saddest of all, “gun control” law violations are THE FIRST charges plea-bargained away, if not summarily dropped altogether, when “our Justice” system is dealing with actual criminals and repeat violent offenders …

If you’re not pissed it’s only because you’re not paying attention …

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom