• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    As you can see I sent off for my DC but I still have yet to receive anything back, and I've got multiple purchases held up in the process.

So has anyone else been told that they had to wait to pick up a prior purchase to fill out paperwork for a new purchase? I have a few things waiting at an FFL and went to fill out paperwork for my next item and he said until I pick up the first on that I cannot fill out paperwork for the second one... Even though its been 60 days.

I was under the impression from some prior posts that once you were over your 30 day time frame you could fill out your next set as there will be no way that MSP will catch up and wait times will only increase from here till the end of the year. If that truly is the case my wait per item will now be over 100 days which is completely BS and I will run out of time before oct to do the transfers......

I know many people are saying that as long as you have a purchase order you are in the clear but I have also heard others say you cannot build a banned item after the Oct 1 date. Not knowing how this will be interpreted has me a bit on edge.

Feb 28, 2013
    If your dealer won't let let you submit another app while you're still waiting on your first one that's just a matter of CYA on their part. A lot of places are like that. The 30 day rule covers taking possession, which you don't do until you sign for legal possession of the gun and leave the shop with it. Only then is the sale complete.

Can you get what you're looking for at another shop?

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I would call the MSP and ask about the status, they may just tell you that you are good to go. You don't actually need the letter in hand.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Its 30 days after possession, so yes around 100 days per (unless you do two at once and then its two every ~120 days.) I would think your DC will be approved before Oct.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Even if the dc comes back I still have to wait for the clear from msp. Yes I can submit more than on at a time but I'm trying to get the ball rolling on lowers that I ordered and were sitting at an ffl. Also have my M1A sitting there as well.

Had planned to do a handgun transfer there but now I'm having second thoughts.

jvegas

Ultimate Member
    Aug 15, 2009
    I allow non-DCs to do as many apps as they wish over the 30 days. They just cant take them until 30 days apart.

midcountyg

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2009
    Preston, MD
    I would call the MSP and ask about the status, they may just tell you that you are good to go. You don't actually need the letter in hand.

This is true. Often you are approved, but they just haven't 'gotten around' to sending out your letter. Aside from that, they said they have no problem with us submitting the applications 30 days apart due to all the delay. The ones doing the paperwork understand the the mess going on, and are trying to help. Unfortunately the higher ups are doing nothing to make all this any better.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Unfortunately pasadena is way to far away... but I thank you for you assistance to fellow MDers!

I checked on my dc and she said she hasn't don't it yet which concerns me as she should have received it six weeks ago. Just kills me that I would have to wait 3-4 mo between applications. That to me is just silly. That wait for each gun is bad enough but between apps is crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom