• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    If you guys want Trusts stop talking about it and CONTACT a Trust Attorney. Its not that hard, stop making it complex.

1) Contact Trust Attorney
    2) Pay Attorney
    3) Get Trust via Email or In Person
    4) Get Notarized
    5) Fill Out Form 1, send Postal M.O. for $200 expedited to the NFA Branch

DONE!

daijizai

May 11, 2013
    Columbia
    Yes, but is Form 1 sufficient? Do we have anything on paper showing that a Form 1 SBR submitted before Oct 1 will be legal to build wen it comes back?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Yes, but is Form 1 sufficient? Do we have anything on paper showing that a Form 1 SBR submitted before Oct 1 will be legal to build wen it comes back?

There's no definite answer so why would you wait? If you submit now and the MSP rules against Form 1 SBR creations post October 1, then you get a $200 refund. If you sit on your rear then you may get nothing.

daijizai

May 11, 2013
    Columbia
    There's no definite answer so why would you wait? If you submit now and the MSP rules against Form 1 SBR creations post October 1, then you get a $200 refund. If you sit on your rear then you may get nothing.
    Wasn't talking about sitting on my rear... Was wondering the merits of Form 1 vs Form 4 with someone like Engage...

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    A Form 1 allows you to take possession immediately. A Form 4 does not. The lower has to stay at the FFL until it comes back approved from BATF.

daijizai

May 11, 2013
    Columbia
    A Form 1 allows you to take possession immediately. A Form 4 does not. The lower has to stay at the FFL until it comes back approved from BATF.
    Form 1 is permission to build. I could have the rifle and then build it to SBR later provided it is legal. A Form 4 and a verified PO for the work in my mind might span the test of SB281, but then I would have to drop the rifle off for the foreseeable future, and thats no fun. Then if they deem that a Form 4 is also a no-go, my now 'banned' rifle might not be able to be transfered back to me...

Damned if you do; damned if you don't...

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    the single AR i'm doing as an SBR will be built as a 14.5" .300BLK with pinned YHM QD mount until the stamp comes back, then I'll swap the barrel out for something a little more appropriate. :)

can't do that with a form 4. ;)

Lex Armarum

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2009
    There are quite a few trust lawyers. I bet you can get it done. It may cost you more than Rusty but you'll have it.

I'm sending the required docs and payment to Rusty today as soon as class is out.

Rest of ya need to get on board.

Rusty will take care of you! Fair priced, detailed, friendly.... Gettting my trust thru Rusty was relatively quick and painless. - Recommended!!!!

Thanks for the kind words guys! To anyone who is thinking about a trust, I am running a special during the month of September where you can get a trust from me at a discounted rate. Shoot me an e-mail at my business address (IP section) containing your full legal name and current residential address and we can get the process started!

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    Post 10/1 new SBRs OK or Not after the release of the new COMAR and yesterdays emergancy approval?

Just want to know how many to submitt with my trust before next week (take my time or not).

Thanks,

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Post 10/1 new SBRs OK or Not after the release of the new COMAR and yesterdays emergancy approval?

Just want to know how many to submitt with my trust before next week (take my time or not).

Thanks,

New COMAR doesn't mention SBR's at all. The panic is over the MSP saying that it's their interpretation that AR SBR's will be banned. I can't give you a definitive answer one way or the other. There are several threads on this.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    What is the web address I need to go to to get a form 1 and directions? I tried several variations of BATFE with no luck. Don't have the ability to do the online things since I can't scan trust paperwork.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    IIRC at the last MSP/Dealers meeting MSP said ANY AR15 post Oct 1 would be banned. Don't know what else may be happening. There is nothing about this in the final COMAR.

My guess is purchase pre Oct 1 lowers are OK, post Oct 1 not so much.

But IANAL and this is just conjecture on my part.

Shooter57

Sep 4, 2013
    At the MSP/Dealers meeting in Salisbury, I asked the SBR question two different times and two different ways to make sure I was clear on the answer. This came after someone questioned if NFA items were excluded from sb281.

We were told that sb281 says a semiautomatic centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 29 inches is a copycat weapon, so any SBR with an OAL less than 29 inches would be a copycat weapon.

I would think since the Colt 6933, with an 11.5 inch barrel, has an OAL of 30 inches it would not fall under the copycat weapon definition. The LWRC PSD with an 8.5 inch barrel with an OAL of 28.3 would.

But, IANAL and would love to hear from someone with more experience.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom