• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    So do they still want a copy of the 77R, even though the date of purchase makes no difference?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Application #:______________

MARYLAND STATE POLICE
    Addendum: Application and Affidavit to Purchase a Regulated Firearm
    Short Barreled Rifle (SBR)/Short Barreled Shotgun (SBS)

Make: ______________________ Model: _______________________ Caliber: ___________________
    Serial#:_________________ Type: ______ Finish: __________ Country of Origin: ________________
    Barrel length: ______ Overall Length (Tip of Barrel to End of Fully Extended Stock): _____________
    Please note Annotated Code of Maryland, Criminal Law §4-301 (e) Copycat weapon – (1) “Copycat weapon”
    means:
    (i) a semiautomatic centerfire rifle that can accept a detachable magazine and has any two of the
    following:

1. a folding stock;

2. a grenade launcher or flare launcher; or

3. a flash suppressor;

(ii) a semiautomatic centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10
    rounds;

(iii) a semiautomatic centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 29 inches;

(iv) a semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds;

(v) a semiautomatic shotgun that has a folding stock; or

(vi) a shotgun with a revolving cylinder.

A "copycat weapon" is not eligible for sale to the general public (unless the purchaser had a purchase
    order for, or a completed application to purchase, the firearm prior to October 1, 2013).

Overall length is measured between the extreme ends of the firearm along a line parallel to the center line
    of the bore. An attachment to the barrel, such as a muzzle brake or flash suppressor, should not be
    included in the measurement unless it is permanently affixed.

Handgun Roster: A person may not sell or offer for sale a handgun manufactured after January 1, 1985, that is not listed
    on the handgun roster.
    If the handgun was manufactured after January 1, 1985, is it listed on the handgun roster? (Circle) YES or NO

SBR/SBS Section Sign upon Application Completion SBR/SBS Section Sign upon Transfer of Firearm

Transferee/Voluntary Registrant____________________ Transferee/Voluntary Registrant____________________

Dealer/Transferor_____________________Date__ /_ _/___ Dealer/Transferor_____________________Date__ /_ _/___

MSP 77R-2B (8-8-14) THIS IS NOT A PERMIT TO CARRY A HANDGUN OR FIREARM

Still won't affect Form 1's will it?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    that's what I thought. This is just for transfers on Form 4. I assume BATF will still want a copy of your original 77r when you submit your Form 1.

ETA-since MSP is now allowing purchase of stripped lowers with a 77r, the purchase date is no longer germane since it has to be > 29" no matter the date. I don't see why BATF would still demand them.

But it is the gubmint.

navyis2

im a grown ass man
    Oct 10, 2013
    Lexington, KY
    just got an interesting letter back with an approval. thought you guys would appreciate this. Again, just adding this to help. If i get more pissy emails after helping people, i'll delete it.

cook_letter.jpg

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    This makes sense to me. NFA Branch is saying even if you owned the lower before 10-1, you'd be making the firearm after 10-1, so the OAL on copycats applies. Makes sense to me.

YMMV

Last edited:

navyis2

im a grown ass man
    Oct 10, 2013
    Lexington, KY
    that one was paper filed on 18 June, but was a re submission from the big blanket disapproval that happened a few months back. So paper filed trust 18 june. Approved 08 August.

sundaeman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 16, 2008
    This makes sense to me. NFA Branch is saying even if you owned the lower before 10-1, you'd be making the firearm after 10-1, so the OAL on copycats applies. Makes sense to me.

YMMV

But, if you had made it into a pistol before 10-1 and before you put in a Form 1, what happens then ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom