• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I guess you can go to a Livescan location and request a CJIS report, but I don't know. The ones I've done were for CCW permits and NFA items that LE required, so the results were sent to them. I did get a copy of my CJIS report whenI applied for a MD LTCH permit. denied of course..

I guess you can call a Livescan location and inquire about it.

Do you have a DC letter from MSP? Some dealers accept those in lieu of a previous 77r. I don't know why he requires a purchase from only him. Any 77r with a NTN and a ND on it should be fine.

He's being a douche IMHO.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Its an IP which is why I didn't post it up front. Went there based on their reputation but will not be going back thats for sure.

KingGeorge

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 30, 2013
    Yea who is the dealer. If your going to bash a place atleast put a name behind it. Exspecially the type of BS your saying the place is doing.

Sharpeneddark

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    Westminster
    I would recommend you transfer the firearm to another FFL in the state that will handle you better. If the FFL is requiring your livescan prints (which I didn't know they had the capability to receive in the first place), then they are in the wrong and it's best to get him to transfer to another FFL who will handle your firearm correctly.

No rifle will require livescan. Rifles will either be flat out banned or unregulated after Oct 1. Only the HQL and the MD CCW require livescan prints. The MSP has declared that if you bought it before 10/1, no HQL necessary.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Yea who is the dealer. If your going to bash a place atleast put a name behind it. Exspecially the type of BS your saying the place is doing.

Bash? Have you considered I left the name out for a reason?

I am however looking for assistance or a creative way to get my rifle and fullfill their needs. The rifle was supposed to be a gift for my birthday instead it has turned into a very frustrating experience.

Punch84

Mar 29, 2009
    Carroll County
    The FFL in question posted all requirements on this forum if it is the same one. And yes they are an IP. I also have a rifle there and read those requirements prior to transfer. FYI in Ellicott city will do prints for $38.00.

Shemp

Feb 21, 2013
    Out There
    Then why are you refusing to mention their name. You may keep someone else from experiencing the same situation.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    If you don't name the FFL you are leaving a cloud over the heads of all the FFL IP's on this forum. If you are stating the facts accurately and that is the FFL's policy he should not care if his policy is stated on any forum. His policy is his to decide and administer, some FFL's wont release without an MSP approval in hand, .

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    We're on the same page. I can afford to do it and would do so out of spite and principle. While most people understandably cannot do so, it just takes a few hundred of us.

Yep, courts do pay attention to numbers and it ties up some of their resources fighting each case. I think of it as guerilla legal system sniping.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    The numbers you need are now posted on the MSP website.

https://www.mdsp.org/Organization/S...ivision/MainLicensingPage/Fingerprinting.aspx

Note for HQL Applicants: Below is the information that you should provide to the LiveScan technician for finger printing. You may print this page to take with you.

Agency Authorization Number: 1300004845

Agency ORI Number: MD920511Z

Reason Fingerprinted: Criminal Procedure Article, Section 5-117.1 pertaining to Handgun Qualification License.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    Reason Fingerprinted: Criminal Procedure Article, Section 5-117.1 pertaining to Handgun Qualification License.

Really not liking being call a criminal there.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Great My choices for closest Livescan are:

Easton, MD - Approximately 150 mile round trip.
    or
    Bel Air, MD - Approximately 75 mile round trip + $8.00 toll.

Can anyone say unreasonable burden on people wanting a HQL?
    (mileage estimate from Google Maps)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom