• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    Hard plastic, kind of like a credit card.

Really?

Our NH resident licenses are the flimsiest tissue like paper you can imagine...probably because resident licenses are issued by local leo/selectman who dont have the expensive tools the NH SP do

mikebalt

Nov 4, 2014
    Catonsville, MD
    I emailed them to see what their turnaround time is and here is the response i got this am..

We are currently experiencing a back log. We are running 4-5 week turnaround time. We are currently working on applications received on July 20
    Diana

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    How can you tell when it was "issued "?

Because on the permit is says: Issued 08/09/2016

:D

BTW, not sure what the cutoff is, but mine is good for 5 years from my LAST birthday (March). Someone else said theirs was good for 5 years from their NEXT birthday.

Maybe it is the closest one, in which case it is best to wait until 5 months 29 days before you birthday to apply. :)

MocoJed

Nov 16, 2015
    Loco Moco
    in my case, the issue date was also the date the check was cashed.

:)

Thanks! I was starting to wonder as I sent mine in on Aug. 2nd and the check still isn't cashed... I am sure they have a significant increase in apps this month, not expecting anything for a while still.

mikebalt

Nov 4, 2014
    Catonsville, MD
    Thanks! I was starting to wonder as I sent mine in on Aug. 2nd and the check still isn't cashed... I am sure they have a significant increase in apps this month, not expecting anything for a while still.

Did you see the response I posted as to turn around time? August 20th they told me this..

We are currently experiencing a back log. We are running 4-5 week turnaround time. We are currently working on applications received on July 20

MocoJed

Nov 16, 2015
    Loco Moco
    Did you see the response I posted as to turn around time? August 20th they told me this..

Yup, saw that, appreciate the heads up. But until Swinokur's post, no idea that one of the last things they do is cash the check. So now I know that once I see the check is cashed, I should soon afterwards start checking the mailbox.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Mailed my application today. An amazing dichotomy. Live Free or Die or the Free State. Hmmm.......

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Though my check has not gone through my bank, this is the email I received from Permits and Licensing yesterday:

You application has been processed your card will be mailed from our office on Monday.
    Diana

Based on other's check cashed dates I had bypassed the hibachi and was going staight to: :D

th
    Just curious, how did they get your email address to contact you? The form has no area to enter an email addy that I see...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom