• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mtlcafan79

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2008
    PG
    Im running the Octane 9 HD2. Both uppers, 8 &12" ran subs 100% unsuppressed and I ran the 8" with the can on, fired one round, removed ears and enjoyed the suppression!

+1 for Octane 9 on 300blk. I ran mine for the first time last week and was super impressed. 16" rifle and 8.5" pistol. I need a silent spring now.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I love everything about this. The functionality is incredible, i've been daydreaming pie-ing off on doors with this for almost 4 hours. I think a build similar to this will be my next investment.

Thank you. :)

Just a heads up though. You would have to use a SBR that was manufactured or filed prior to 10/1/2013 to get past Maryland's stupid 29" overall length law. The lower you see here was approved before 10/1, thus the short OAL.

You could legally build the top end identical to mine but you would have to use a pistol AR lower combined with a SIG arm brace. No ATF/NFA/Class 3 crap to mess with, no tax stamp, and its MD legal with the short OAL since its a pistol.

If you are not a resident of MD and live in another class 3 friendly state then you can build it just as you see it. :)

ThawMyTongue

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2009
    Dublin, OH

Just a heads up though. You would have to use a SBR that was manufactured or filed prior to 10/1/2013 to get past Maryland's stupid 29" overall length law. The lower you see here was approved before 10/1, thus the short OAL.

You could legally build the top end identical to mine but you would have to use a pistol AR lower combined with a SIG arm brace. No ATF/NFA/Class 3 crap to mess with, no tax stamp, and its MD legal with the short OAL since its a pistol.

If you are not a resident of MD and live in another class 3 friendly state then you can build it just as you see it. :)

Stop saying things like this! My wife is going to hate you... at least I'll try and blame "that guy on the forum".:D

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Stop saying things like this! My wife is going to hate you... at least I'll try and blame "that guy on the forum".:D

When I met Teratos Wife and introduced me I didn't know if she would slap me for the guns he buys or the jokes Teratos and I make. I think I'm probably hated by many wives. LOL.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    I love everything about this. The functionality is incredible, i've been daydreaming pie-ing off on doors with this for almost 4 hours. I think a build similar to this will be my next investment.

Yep, I'ma need one of these. Might even have to get a dedicated 9mm can since finding a rail for the Osprey gon' be a bish. The only question is whether or not to use a magwell adapter or to try and track down a 9mm lower?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    This one isn't as sexy as most of the others I have, but what the hell.... I brought it home today after like a ten month wait.

P556 SWAT SBR:
    Standard P556 SWAT
    New-style ambi-lower with genuine Swiss stock
    KZ Charging Handle
    Hogue Sig 556 pistol grip

It will probably wind up with an Eotech of some sort. The quad rail is a bit shaky, and the whole thing is horribly front-heavy - standard Sig 556, basically.

I will reiterate something I've said before, though... the Hogue pistol grip is basically a must-have upgrade for any Sig 556(R). Much more comfortable, and makes it way easier to hit the safety and mag release.

Attachments

• IMG_0943 (Small).JPG
      IMG_0943 (Small).JPG
      28.5 KB · Views: 775
    Last edited:

ThawMyTongue

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2009
    Dublin, OH
    This one isn't as sexy as most of the others I have, but what the hell.... I brought it home today after like a ten month wait.

P556 SWAT SBR:
    Standard P556 SWAT
    New-style ambi-lower with genuine Swiss stock
    KZ Charging Handle
    Hogue Sig 556 pistol grip

It will probably wind up with an Eotech of some sort. The quad rail is a bit shaky, and the whole thing is horribly front-heavy - standard Sig 556, basically.

Sexy enough for me. :thumbsup:

OEFvet

Aug 17, 2014
    Elkton, Md

An unfortunate reality, and one that I am aware of... Maryland Sucks.
    I'm most likely going the pistol route, the sig brace doesnt look too bad really. I'm going to try and find someone nearby with a pistol build using the Sig brace and get some time in behind it to really see if it's tolerable.

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    An Ingram Family: Daddy and the Step-Son ( MAC-10 and M11/Nine). The MAC-10 has an Alliance Armament SABRE 5.56 upper, the M11/Nine has a Lage Max31 Mk2 in 9mm.

-Jim

Attachments

• Macs.jpg
      Macs.jpg
      89.8 KB · Views: 631

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    I like it! Mine is the HSP WML. Momentary only, 200 lumens. It's sitting on an HSP Thorntail mount.

I'll probably end up getting another one for this 300blk.

Gotcha. Thanks for the info. I have a carbine that needs a light. The way your 556 is set up is basically what I would like to potentially do, though I think with a 300blk application.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom