• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • May 13, 2005
    Clarification on out of state NFA transfer form fees:

If one buys a SBR from someone in another state then to get it transferred to them in MD there are two $200 taxes for a total of $400 to be paid by new owner?

Thanks,

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Clarification on out of state NFA transfer form fees:

If one buys a SBR from someone in another state then to get it transferred to them in MD there are two $200 taxes for a total of $400 to be paid by new owner?

Thanks,

In general, yes, two tax stamps and $400. I just transferred a machine gun. One stamp to get it to the dealer, a second to get it to me.

If the weapon is on a form 3 it goes tax free to the next dealer, requiring only 1 tax stamp (e.g. new sbr's).

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

May 13, 2005
    In general, yes, two tax stamps and $400. I just transferred a machine gun. One stamp to get it to the dealer, a second to get it to me.

If the weapon is on a form 3 it goes tax free to the next dealer, requiring only 1 tax stamp (e.g. new sbr's).

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Thanks!

That sucks.

Oh well, only money right.. :(

captainbluff

Nov 17, 2010
    Pls correct me if I am wrong, if I buy factory SBR from out of state and had it transferred to an FFL in MD. Then fill out form 4. Can I swap out any upper on it?

Justler

Jan 5, 2012
    Anyone have an example of their Form 1 filled out for a trust that they've gotten approval on? Going to submit my pistol so I can eventually put a stock on it!

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    Can a sheriff from another county sign off on the paperwork? The reason that I ask is that I live in Baltimore County but work in Carrol County and also go to the range there.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    I have an engraving question related to building an SBR and trusts. Can you abbreviate the trust name that gets engraved on the lower?

For example. Could you engrave "The J Doe Trust" if your actual trust name is "The John Doe Revocable Trust"?

Thanks in advance!

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    No, unless you request a marking variance. That's the reason you pick the shortest trust name possible. For example, "AB Trust", where A and B are my initials (well, for the example).

huesmann

n00b
    Mar 23, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    When filling out a Form 1 to register a stripped lower you have as an SBR, what answers do you give for questions 4a (manufacturer), 4d (model), 4h, (description) and 4i (reason)?

Thanks!

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    do i need to worry about any of this ******** if i just buy a 12.5 barrel. in other words do i need to show paperwork to get it or does that just count for a complete SBR upper or can i order either one and its just a nono to attach on the lower?

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    What is the latest on Fingerprinting?

I am about to start the whole NFA process.

My understanding is that I need to go to a place like Maryland LiveScan to get livescan prints for MSP. Yes? Then I bring that receipt with me when I drop off the forms at MSP, yes?

When I go to Livescan, I also have them do ink prints, yes? Two sets? On what color cards? Do they have the cards there? And then do they give me the cards and I send them in with my paperwork myself, or do they send them?

I live in Timonium. Where can I have this stuff done that's close? A google of Livescan turns up only one such place (Glen Burnie). Is there still that place in Pikesville on Reisterstown Rd? Can they do it?

Thanks!

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The MSP does not get the cards. They get the Livescan receipt. The cards go to BATF when you submit your MSP signed Form 4. Engage gave me the cards to use as they have the preprintd info on them. Livescan printed directly to those.

vgplayer

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    King George, VA
    Everyone I have spoken to about building a SBR has said
    "I wouldn't want to pay that $200 tax every year"

Seriously everyone. I wonder how that has continued to propagate.

huesmann

n00b
    Mar 23, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    The MSP does not get the cards. They get the Livescan receipt. The cards go to BATF when you submit your MSP signed Form 4. Engage gave me the cards to use as they have the preprintd info on them. Livescan printed directly to those.
    What do you do if you're doing a Form 1? Get Livescan receipt, take to MSP, wait for MSP "all clear", send prints, photos, Form 1, MSP "all clear" to ATF?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I did mine on a Form 4. I assume it's the same. The all clear from MSP is now 9 weeks for me and I have not received my Form 4 back yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom