• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    Anybody have any statistics on how often NFA items are used in crimes. Engage Armament said that legally owned MG's have only been used twice in crimes since 1934. That is staggering.

Anybody have any data for SBR's, SBS's, Suppressors, or AOW's?

-Jim

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Anybody have any statistics on how often NFA items are used in crimes. Engage Armament said that legally owned MG's have only been used twice in crimes since 1934. That is staggering.

That is my understanding also. One was a LEO with a department weapon. The other was a doctor in a crime of passion/domestic incident.

Hell, I bet that there have been more crimes committed with #2 pencils since 1934.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC

Anybody have any data for SBR's, SBS's, Suppressors, or AOW's?

-Jim

I do not find it staggering at all. People who are willing to submit themselves to that much legal hassle, expense, and intrusion just for the sake of remaining legal obviously have a strong appreciation for the law.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    That is my understanding also. One was a LEO with a department weapon. The other was a doctor in a crime of passion/domestic incident.

Hell, I bet that there have been more crimes committed with #2 pencils since 1934.

Wasn't that one a NJ SWAT officer and a MP5? If it was a department issue weapon, then it doesn't count.

I remember reading about an Ohio LEO who was arrested for drug dealing and he had a personally owned sub gun.

Even the FBI acknowledges that lawful NFA owners don't commit crime with NFA items. I would bet some NFA owners have gotten into hot water due to drunk driving or things like that, but not with the guns.

CobraMike

Back in Black
    Mar 30, 2008
    Frederick
    Wasn't there an incident some years back with an HK employee? If I remember right it may have been self defense? I can't remember. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Wasn't there an incident some years back with an HK employee? If I remember right it may have been self defense? I can't remember. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

Correct. Self defense. I think he used a full auto Ruger, AC-556, to save his back side.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Wasn't that one a NJ SWAT officer and a MP5? If it was a department issue weapon, then it doesn't count.

I remember reading about an Ohio LEO who was arrested for drug dealing and he had a personally owned sub gun.

Even the FBI acknowledges that lawful NFA owners don't commit crime with NFA items. I would bet some NFA owners have gotten into hot water due to drunk driving or things like that, but not with the guns.

The Ohio LEO was the one that I was thinking about, but you are correct, it was his gun, not a department weapon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom