• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghost1981

Aug 1, 2012
    Frederick
    I thought the silverado gun show in Frederick was alright. I picked up a bi pod and tactical flashlight. Later I found the same items for cheaper online, even after the shipping cost. I've found PA shows to be more promising for me. Harrisburg will be having a show on sept 8-9 (this weekend). I plan to check it out with my father and maybe my brother. York paid off for me so i am hoping Harrisburg will be the same or better. At least if all else fails, the York show will be back on Oct 27-28 at the fairgrounds.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    its a decent show. check it out for yourself.:thumbsup:

Oh i know, ive been to the show for years. This past Feb. was my first time being a vendor there and that has been my best show yet. I was just curious what people are complaining about ie: selection, prices vendors. Just wanted to know what people were dissappointed with about the show.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    The only thing I see wrong with Frank's shows are, when you have one every month within an hour of each other, eventually the market becomes saturated and peoples money dries up. I don't know about anyone else but I can't go to a gun show a month and buy what I want. My question is this. Which "vendors" didn't support the show? The knife vendors or the other usual vendors?

The other thing is that it costs a fair amount of money and paperwork for gunshops to pack, unpack, setup, show, sell, pack back up, put it all back in the shop and conduct business as usual, and submit all the paperwork they did that weekend. I'm not saying that they don't make money, but to do it almost every other weekend? I have always wondered if they really make any money or if it's a way to get their name out more? Our company does displays at fairs and we don't really make money AT the event. It's after the event that most sales are made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom