• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    75,000 people in a confined space with lax security and they worry about the good guys :smh:

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    It's hard no make that impossible for me to imagine the problem with officers who are sworn, off duty, trained and probably experienced with situations that never happen to your average individual carrying into a stadium.

Stadiums just got a little more ripe for picking. Nice work. But it could be it was done on the advice of someone's legal department.

BigToe

Well Armed Vagrant
    I really can't think of any situation where it would be safe to discharge a firearm in a packed football stadium.

I've never not felt safe at FedEx field. This is certainly not something I'd use as an excuse take away from the experience of going to the games with my kids.

jrosenberger

Jan 19, 2011
    NH
    I really can't think of any situation where it would be safe to discharge a firearm in a packed football stadium.

I've never not felt safe at FedEx field. This is certainly not something I'd use as an excuse take away from the experience of going to the games with my kids.

I've felt pretty unsafe traveling to and from sporting events. To me that's the real problem with gun free zones. I'm not too worried about places with pro security, it's the parking lots and transit stations and other transitional areas that are most dangerous.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

k9guy

Feb 12, 2011
    I bet the Secret Service gets to keep their weapons if the president goes to a game???????

5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD
    I bet the Secret Service gets to keep their weapons if the president goes to a game???????

If you read the article, it says the policy only applies to state and local. Feds are not included.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    The security is laughable and even more-so during the winter. They very briefly hit you with the metal detector wand and ask that you open your coat and give a ever-so-slight "pat". Anyone trying to bring something in for nefarious purposes wouldn't have much trouble.

yellowfin

Pro 2A Gastronome
    Jul 30, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    First they steal taxpayer money to build stadiums, then get tax subsidies, then they do this? The NFL really is totally 100% unAmerican. They will NEVER get a dime from me now or ever.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    And this comes a couple weeks after the savage Al-Shabbab attack in Nairobi?

That gives me a ton of confidence. And I've gotten a weapon through security at FedEx field before... a few years ago I was walking up to the gates with my dad for a game. I realized about 20 yards from the gates that I was carrying my EDC folder. Rather than have to run a mile to and from the car, I decided to re-locate the blade behind my belt buckle clipped to my waistline. I don't remember the exact search procedures but I got in just fine.

I also got a 13"-long T-handle wrench through TSA last week. I forgot to pack it in my toolbox, but it was a vital tool. The TSA guy who had me pull my Kindle out of my bag noticed it while I grabbed that (guess the X-ray guy didn't see it). He asked what it was and I said it was a tool I needed for my trip. He said "ok" and put it back in the bag. I later saw a sign that any tool over 7" or something was prohibited. :shrug:

What a joke... :sad20:

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Wasn't it an off-duty armed Royal Marine that helped save 100 people from that mall?

From what I understand there were a few armed civilians, but I could be wrong. I'd like to know more specifics of the case, but to be honest if I were in Tyson's and 6 dudes broke in with automatic rifles and grenades I would not feel like openly engaging them with my G19. I'd do what I could, but be mostly concerned with getting someone better equipped and trained in there while trying to help people in my immediate area - but mostly trying to GTFO.

I just saw this post, and I've been liking the NFL less and less over the years. This is pretty much the final straw. When Obama pressures the Redskins into changing their name next week, I'll be totally done.

I'm glad hockey season is on. GO PENS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom