• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RnRFreak

Forum Cartoon Character
    Mar 3, 2007
    Overlea
    In the tradition of TFR (Another forum some of us frequent) I present a box thread....

Last night I get a call...

"Hey there, RnR, that thing you've been looking for? We finally got one."

"I'll be right there..."

Today, I come home with a huge grin and this box under my arm...

Well, what the hell is this? And why is there a Glock mag in there?

TRANSFORMERS NOISE!!!

Its a Kel Tek Sub2000 in 9mm that accepts Glock Magazines. I've been waiting a while to get my hands on one of these things and I'll have a range report once I get it out to Continental. :lol:

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    I've been wanting one for like 4 years now. Did you buy it from Continental?

I just never seem to find a good deal when I have the funds, and when the good deals show up.....well you know how it goes. :sad20:

RnRFreak

Forum Cartoon Character
    Mar 3, 2007
    Overlea
    Spot:

I got it at Just Guns. I've been waiting for one to show up for about 2 months, and they've had them on order for at least 6. Kel-Tec is a small company, and I guess they started making a few new ones recently.

Sam:

Wouldn't have it any other way. Although doing something up in dayglo or pink and pastels just for fun would be amusing to see the reactions of other shooters.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I heard they had supply problems with one of their subcontractors or something, I think it was the company that made their barrels for those. Anyway they seem to be coming on line again, I hope so, I want one of those too. :)

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    I should have gotten that one when I was living in VA..but i got an handgun instead. After Looking back, I would have chosen that one first....it would have been a SHTF Gun for me ..

RnRFreak

Forum Cartoon Character
    Mar 3, 2007
    Overlea
    Range Report!

All in all, a great shoot. Took it over Continental today and put about 130 rounds through it. The stock isn't adjustable and it seemed like it had quite a kick for a 9mm, yeah, it left a couple bruises...

The sights are a little weird to me but at the 7 yard line it kept a nice group and at 75 feet (max at Continental) it kept pretty tight.

Slow fire was easy with a nice, clean trigger break and I did a couple :party29: magdumps:party29: that still retained pretty decent accuracy.

Got it home and ran a boresnake through it and did a quick cleaning on the other moving parts and I must say its a nice little carbine. :thumbsup:

Theres a used one for sale in .40 there if anyones interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom