• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • O2b4wln

Sep 16, 2011
    Tellico or Moab
    Hi folks,
    As a complete newbie to gun shows, I'm planning on attending the Chantilly one this weekend, looking for 30rd mags for my DDM4.

Since I'm pulling 'daddy day-care' duty Friday I wanted to know if there's a unspoken protocol for bringing infants in strollers to these events? I have prior commitments for Saturday and Sunday so Friday would be my only time available.

I'd like to hear your thoughts before I show up with a 7 month old.

Thanks,
    O2b4wln

wolfejp

Apr 8, 2011
    Waldorf
    I don't think there are any protocols. although I don't ever remember seeing a baby at a gun show. If I were in your position I'd bring my kid.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Hi folks,
    As a complete newbie to gun shows, I'm planning on attending the Chantilly one this weekend, looking for 30rd mags for my DDM4.

Since I'm pulling 'daddy day-care' duty Friday I wanted to know if there's a unspoken protocol for bringing infants in strollers to these events? I have prior commitments for Saturday and Sunday so Friday would be my only time available.

I'd like to hear your thoughts before I show up with a 7 month old.

Thanks,
    O2b4wln

ive seen people bring their kids...really no law against it...only time i get annoyed is when the kid is throwing a fit...but generally the kids in strollers usually are asleep as the parent pushes him/her around...

Fester60

Feb 1, 2010
    PA
    Now that I have a little one I have thought about what I would do If I had to take her to a show with me. I don't really think it's too much of a concern unless the show is really crowded and shoulder to shoulder. Many people at the shows tend to be on the heavier side and I would just be careful about your son or daughter accidentally being bumped or fallen on. I would just avoid really busy areas until the crowd has thinned and I would think you would be ok. Many of the shows I have been to are less crowded on Friday anyway. Good luck getting your mags and finding some other deals.

eddiek2000

Sweet Lemonade!!
    Feb 11, 2008
    Southern Maryland - Chuck Co.
    I take my kid everywhere, except the range. He is not old/mature enough for it yet.

He has been with me while I have transferred many guns. Never an issue. He likes looking at the guns in the case and had a good time at Keepshooting a few weeks ago while I was getting my lowers.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Gun Owners are Family oriented!!! tell a gun owner that you're teaching your 8 yo how to shoot and they'll respond favoribly.

non gun friendlies are scared so bad they'll wet thier panties

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    I have seen them at shows

Me too. In fact, I've seen children of all ages at shows and about 99% of them are well behaved. I've also seen a 10-12 year old examining a .22 and demonstrating better safety skills that a great many adults.

From a practical standpoint, Chantilly can get extremely crowded and it may become difficult to maneuver a stroller.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    I have photos of my 3 year old at the chantlly show when he was 3 months old. I take my kids to gun shows and shops all the time. I find most people are very friendly and welcome kids at shows. At chantally if you stop by Kurts table his wife will let you kids play with the puppys! ( dogs )

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Pretty sure I saw some strollers at the Dulles show. No one's going to care as long as the kids aren't touching the merchandise without permission.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    I've taken my kids to gun shows since they were in strollers. I usually only take one at a time these days, but my kids fight as to who's turn it is to go with me. Don't sweat it.

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    I took my son to his first show when he was around 4 yo. I don't think he quite knew what exactly was going on. Now that he's almost 10, he totally gets it and loves going with me. To the OP, I really don't think it would be an issue...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom