• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Now a days, you cannot have more than 10rds in a handgun and most of the out of state gun dealers are all like 16+ mag, on 9mms, so I dont think they would ship it.

Not correct. You cannot buy, sell, or transfer magazines of more than 10 rounds IN the state of Maryland. But there are other states (CA and others) that also have 10 round limits, so most manufacturers make models that ship with 10 round magazines.

Or, the can ship the pistol without any magazines. Or have the magazines send to an out of state address (friend/family/UPS Store).

jeffie7

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2015
    Loudoun County
    Tyler firearms had the best price on a gun I just bought in this area. Only place cheaper I could find was near the PA boarder.

Bottom line, when it comes to Maryland. You gotta pay to play. It just cost more here as with needing to spend money up front on taxes. I mean the HQL.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    If you can, fire what you want to buy, You may have to go to Freestate or OnTarget to do that though. One more plug for 2A, no one there has ever made me feel like an idiot for asking a question when I got my first handgun there. Can't say that for all places (several already out of business).

Topshot

Oct 4, 2015
    Spoke to a clerk at walmart regarding the shortage of .22LR. He said as soon as they get it in the local gun stores buy it out and then resell in their own stores for 2x -3x the original price.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    On Target has the biggest selection and the best hours of any gun store around here that I know of. Prices can be a little higher tho but you get some free range time with it.

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    On Target has the biggest selection and the best hours of any gun store around here that I know of. Prices can be a lot higher tho but you get some free range time with it.

FTFY

The last pistol I bought I got for $500 at 2A. The On Target price was $680.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    What pistol would that be? I've been to both stores many times. Biggest price difference I ever see is $50.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    If that's the case that's an extreme example and not the norm. I'm skeptical tho. Once an OT basher here claimed he wanted a Ruger LCR but they were way over priced @ like $580 or so. I saw the LCR jn question, it had a Crimson Trace laser grip. My most recent purchase was a S&W 686. These go for $829 at OT. OT didn't have one but I found one at Gun Connection for $779. After factoring in 4 trips thru the Harbor Tunnel, gas, loost free range time, and my time I would have rather purchased at OT.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Spoke to a clerk at walmart regarding the shortage of .22LR. He said as soon as they get it in the local gun stores buy it out and then resell in their own stores for 2x -3x the original price.

Don't believe Walmart clerks especially in the sporting goods section. All the gun stores hire people to hang out in Wallmart waiting for ammunition to show up. You might want to visit the MDS Rimfire section and look for the thread on ammo availability.

jmt476

Jan 16, 2013
    I can't speak to the 9mm, but I love my px4 in .40....I'd imagine that the 9mm is just as sweet to shoot.

Personally, I've had good luck ordering online and transferring in store. That said, good deals can also be found at many local shops. It really depends on the situation. If you come across a steal online, grab it. The above mentioned Beretta was on sale at Buds for $399 with free shipping when I got it. I paid $45 for the transfer, and still came out a bit less than any shops in my area.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    I'm not sure if the OP ever made a decision but I'm posting this just as a public service.

Be advised that Beretta 92FS's are now full of plastic parts. The trigger, safety levers, guide rod and mag release are all plastic. I'm surprised they didn't make the hammer out of plastic too.

I found this out after I recently bought a 2nd "made in Italy" 92FS in what I thought was a good deal $-wise. (My first 92FS, bought years ago, which was made in Accokeek MD is all metal and has been a great shooter for many years.)

After I bought the metal parts replacement kit and paid Scott's gunsmithing to replace all the plastic S**T it more than ate up my discount.

I hate plastic guns but my bad I should have known.

REF:
    http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/ber...ger-safety-levers-recoil-rod-mag-rel-/e00706/

PS: My Beretta Storm has plastic parts in it too but I haven't gotten around to replacing them yet.

jmt476

Jan 16, 2013
    Yeah, I've never been a fan of composite frames and or parts, however, the px4 seems to be quite reliable. Exceptions to every rule!

My 2 cents
    I've purchased pistols and rifles via a few IP's:

Accurate Pawn
    Engage
    Duffy's
    Shooters Discount

All have gone well, no issues, very nice people. Only non IP purchases were 3R in Hagerstown (guy does most MD shows) and On Target in Jessup. Both were very nice and no issues. See what your IP's can do if you have not already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom