• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbuck

May 26, 2009
    I have been wiating for a Not Disapproved on a pistol I bought. I used a local FFL who has submitted many apps. He just got a notice they have rejected another of his apps and he expects mine to be rejected tomorrow. Something about using an out of date Form 77R or M. I am only buying one firearm (I have my Maryland Designated Collector, a HQL, A carry permit and am exempt, retired Military).

The FFL is baffled since he has had other apps approved and has not been notified of any changes.

Anyone have any clue?

Thanks,

Jim

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I know that some of the forms changed after the new laws went into effect in October. I know that this is not much help, but it is all I have.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    If he is using a pre 10/1/13 77R then he is using outdated forms that have no provision for the HQL/exemption information.

If the 77R you filled out had a section at the top for the HQL/Exemption information, then you should be good to go, if not, get ready to do the paperwork again. (And make sure it is the correct form.)

Jimbuck

May 26, 2009
    Yeah it had that. I won't know till mine comes back. Maybe the other guy was buying multiple (77M) and he had an old form. Have to wait and see. Hate having to wait what will be over two weeks.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    I have been wiating for a Not Disapproved on a pistol I bought. I used a local FFL who has submitted many apps. He just got a notice they have rejected another of his apps and he expects mine to be rejected tomorrow. Something about using an out of date Form 77R or M. I am only buying one firearm (I have my Maryland Designated Collector, a HQL, A carry permit and am exempt, retired Military).
    The FFL is baffled since he has had other apps approved and has not been notified of any changes.

Anyone have any clue?

Thanks,

Jim

If you have a carry permit and are retired military, why do you have an HQL?
    That aside, when was the firearm actually purchased? I bought one Oct 3 and the new forms weren't out yet but my FFL put my retired military info on the old form and got the "not dissaproved" back in a couple of days. The next time I went in he had the new forms with the HQL information on it. If your purchase was just last week your FFL should have and use the new forms.

Jimbuck

May 26, 2009
    It had the HQL info. Why do I have an HQL, because you never know what might change, it was free.

I will wait to hear to day what the story is, seems no one in licensing has returned his calls.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    If you have a carry permit and are retired military, why do you have an HQL?
    That aside, when was the firearm actually purchased? I bought one Oct 3 and the new forms weren't out yet but my FFL put my retired military info on the old form and got the "not dissaproved" back in a couple of days. The next time I went in he had the new forms with the HQL information on it. If your purchase was just last week your FFL should have and use the new forms.

Link to my license page https://emdsp.mdsp.org/egov/Login.aspx
    Just to point it out to help avoid confusion.

Having a carry permit does not exempt you from needing the hql. It does remove the requirements to pay for the hql, get finger printed for the hql and do any additional training for the hql. A permit holder is still required to have it to purchase/transer a handgun.

Retired Military is exempt from all parts of the hql.

Jimbuck

May 26, 2009
    Mine came back ok. It seems that the other person was buying multiple guns and the FFL did not have the lates form to list the multiple serial numbers. As, I am not sure he was a designated collector if that matters.

I got mine and it is a nice gun, but had some issues when i took it apart to clean last night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom