• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nate-X

Jul 20, 2010
    Hollywood, Maryland
    Should be hearing something soon from the bank. Loan paperwork has been taken to the next level for approval so I am assuming this is a good thing. I have also found a way around the perk test so I am still planning on opening the long distance part upgraded to about 25 lanes at 500 yards.

Sweet. Hope everything is going great!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Fyshbum

Jun 25, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    Hello All,
    It has been a long time since I have actually posted something in the forums. Recently I have hit a spot of bad luck with my contractor position with the federal government (Thanks Obama) and as a result will be losing my job here at the end of September. As I realize how hard it is to find a new job, I remembered that I orginally thought about opening a new firing range in St. Mary's County. I have all the orginal ideas that I had in the first place, and with the help of several of my friends, have some new ideas. I was wanting to gauge the interest from the members here and see what kind of support I may be getting.
    Essentialy, without going into too much detail, there will be an individual skeet shooting range, and there will be approximately 12 rifle & 12 pistol lanes at 50 yards distance. The rifle/pistol lanes aren't completly indoors but will be covered and more sheltered with a roof running the length of the firing range and a barrier wall running between the two sections to improve safety. If I can work the property that I am wanting, I will also be able to have a long distance rifle area that will be a couple hundred yards in distance. There will be four RO's, one for each shooting area. The main facility building will have a main office area, front desk, small ammo store, and a waiting area for shooters that will entertainment (TV and such) as well as some small concessions. The whole property will be sitting on roughly 200 acres.

Looking for any and all suggestions and/or ideas for questions, concerns, or improvements. Thanks in advance.

I would come just to get to a longer rifle range. Could it be extended to 300-500 yards though?

GunAddict

GunAddict
    Apr 15, 2009
    St. Mary's
    What's news? I see a few weeks ago you were waiting on the bank. Hopefully they have responded by now.

Well, it's mostly bad news. My application was put on hold pending further review. I have a meeting with the manager to find out why next week as well as potential investors (which may be the reasoning for the review)

Feb 22, 2010
    Bushwood
    Any update? This would be on the way home from work, the potental to be able to shoot everyday would do some damage to my wallet but nothing would make me happier! :party29:

GunAddict

GunAddict
    Apr 15, 2009
    St. Mary's
    Any update? This would be on the way home from work, the potental to be able to shoot everyday would do some damage to my wallet but nothing would make me happier! :party29:

Application is back up for review with additional revisions. Waiting on hearing back from the bank again.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Application is back up for review with additional revisions. Waiting on hearing back from the bank again.

"...My application was put on hold pending further review. I have a meeting with the manager to find out why next week..."

What was the reason it was put on hold ?

GunAddict

GunAddict
    Apr 15, 2009
    St. Mary's
    "...My application was put on hold pending further review. I have a meeting with the manager to find out why next week..."

What was the reason it was put on hold ?

It was put on hold because the issuing officer had too many questions and wanted answers before continuing the application.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom