• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dzlfarmboy

Feb 18, 2010
    Centreville, MD
    Finally got my NightForce 5.5x22.50 on my new Howa Axiom HB .308 and got a few factory loads down the tube and it shot fairly decent so far. Cant wait to get it dialed in to do some 1k shooting.

100_0481.jpg

100_0479.jpg

This is a 175gr SMK Fiocchi Factory Load 3 shot group
    1273108992.jpg

And here's a 168gr SMK Federal Gold Factory load 3 shot group
    1273109062.jpg

Looking to try some hand loading with a friend here soon.

dzlfarmboy

Feb 18, 2010
    Centreville, MD
    The Nightforce is sweet, turrets have a great feeling with each click, havent got to test out its adjustment consistancy with the turrets yet but once I get a load dialed in I will be running those turrets through the paces out to 1000yds. My friends tracks real well putting him right on 12" steel from calculations of JBM out at 600-700yds.

Diesel Kinevel

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Frederick, MD
    The Nightforce is sweet, turrets have a great feeling with each click, havent got to test out its adjustment consistancy with the turrets yet but once I get a load dialed in I will be running those turrets through the paces out to 1000yds. My friends tracks real well putting him right on 12" steel from calculations of JBM out at 600-700yds.

yeah, I haven't heard anything bad about NF. Makes me want one more and more. I just can't swing that much for a scope at this period in my life.

-Z

dzlfarmboy

Feb 18, 2010
    Centreville, MD
    How do you like that axiom stock?

I like the Axiom stock alot, the adjustable stock is very useful and the pistol grip is very comfortable for me just like the AR platforms.

Plan on loading up two ladder test in .5 increments of R15 and varget with a 175gr Sierra Match Kings tonite with a friend and hopfully get to test them this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom