• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I take it they were not getting good sales on the 22A?
    When I was looking at 22 target pistols, I chose the Buckmark, My wife got a Ruger 22/45 lite. Both of us did not like the feel of the 22A

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    For those that have shot the new Victory, please confirm or deny a rumor. I heard that you can't load a mag with a round in the chamber with a closed bolt. True/false ?

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    For those that have shot the new Victory, please confirm or deny a rumor. I heard that you can't load a mag with a round in the chamber with a closed bolt. True/false ?

The instructions don't say that:
    If the magazine is removed for reloading and a round is left in the chamber, be sure to apply the safety and holster or otherwise secure the pistol under your direct control while the magazine is being reloaded.

They do say DO NOT DRY FIRE The Ruger Mk 2&3 has a firing pin whose forward travel is limited by a cross pin. S&W has no method to restrain the forward travel of the FP.

Dry firing used to be a good thing in pistol competition circles. This is a deal breaker for me.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Ruger Mk III wannabe

And a whole lot easier to take down. My MK III 22/45 hasn't worked right since day one. None of the mags that came with it work and the 2 more I bought don't either. From perusing RFC it seems most of the mags need to be taken apart and polished to work right. F Ruger on this gun.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    So you gurus, would dry firing a victory 22 only a few times really be damaging? How else was the hammer dropped when shipped?

Also, how could you tell if the pistol was damaged due to dry firing?

TD

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    And a whole lot easier to take down. My MK III 22/45 hasn't worked right since day one. None of the mags that came with it work and the 2 more I bought don't either. From perusing RFC it seems most of the mags need to be taken apart and polished to work right. F Ruger on this gun.

Mine has worked flawlessly since I got it both with the mags it came with and other Ruger mags. I never heard of an issue with them. Then again I didn't look. I think I got mine 2013 or so. It was way before the lite models appeared.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I fondled one at A1Uniform today.......it's got a great weight. There literally has to be no recoil. Actually it felt pretty good in the hand all around.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    The instructions don't say that:
    If the magazine is removed for reloading and a round is left in the chamber, be sure to apply the safety and holster or otherwise secure the pistol under your direct control while the magazine is being reloaded.

They do say DO NOT DRY FIRE The Ruger Mk 2&3 has a firing pin whose forward travel is limited by a cross pin. S&W has no method to restrain the forward travel of the FP.

Dry firing used to be a good thing in pistol competition circles. This is a deal breaker for me.

You'd think a gun at that price would also have a limited travel firing pin. The current version Ruger 22 revolvers can also all be dry fired.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    You'd think a gun at that price would also have a limited travel firing pin. The current version Ruger 22 revolvers can also all be dry fired.

S&W says that their .22 pistols should not be dry fired. Noteworthy among the pistols on the list
    Q: Can I dry fire my Smith & Wesson?

A: Yes, except for the .22 caliber pistols which includes models 22A, 22S, 422, 2206, 2214, 2213 and 41.

.22 caliber revolvers such as models 17, 43, 63, 317 and 617 also should not be dry fired.
    is their model 41, which sells for rather more than a grand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom