• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CJB762

Jul 5, 2012
    I was finally able to pick up the new members of the family. The SR40C and GP100. Hopefully I will be able to get them out tomorrow and see how they behave. Picked these up from Thundersticks during the awesome sale. Great guys up there! Well worth the drive.

Attachments

• image-1391885541.jpg
      image-1391885541.jpg
      54.5 KB · Views: 470

CJB762

Jul 5, 2012
    Thanks, can't wait to get them out. The revolver has a very stout feel to it. Should be a good time tomorrow.

CJB762

Jul 5, 2012
    Yes it is the 3" barrel. I really like the feel of it. Wasn't able to take it out this weekend like I had hoped. So maybe this weekend I will get to try it out.

Feb 28, 2013
    That GP a 3" barrel? My favorite of the Ruger revolvers that I own is a SS 4" GP 100.
    Shoot it and clean it. The more you shoot it the better the action becomes.
    I hope so. I have one that's 6", and that trigger feels ugly.

I ain't even one of those trigger snobs, either. My Taurus .44 mag felt better.

Gundahar

Sep 4, 2011
    Get some springs for the GP100--and the 1000 round trigger job. It will slick right up :-)

My SR40 is the only .40 I own that survived the cut. Look into the grip tape from Galloway Precision, made a huge difference on my ability to shoot with mine. Great gun.

Gundahar

Ranger Tom

Jan 28, 2013
    Woodsboro MD
    I hope so. I have one that's 6", and that trigger feels ugly.

I ain't even one of those trigger snobs, either. My Taurus .44 mag felt better.

My 6" GP 100 didn't take 1000 rounds to get a smooth trigger, more like 500 and the 4" was smooth out of the box. I'm not a big fan of light triggers on double actions, 10-12 lbs is about right.;)

CJB762

Jul 5, 2012
    Get some springs for the GP100--and the 1000 round trigger job. It will slick right up :-) My SR40 is the only .40 I own that survived the cut. Look into the grip tape from Galloway Precision, made a huge difference on my ability to shoot with mine. Great gun. Gundahar

Hopefully I will be able to get started on that 1000 round trigger job this weekend. :-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom