• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tigmaned

Feb 25, 2007
    Crofton
    was wondering if anyone else has found one of these kind of (new model Red Label's) on the market Ruger O/U shotguns in any stores?
    i have heard some good and bad?
    i nice American made O/U would be nice.

Last edited:

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    If they're like the old ones, I would run not just walk away from them. I had a friend that tried to shoot one and couldn't. He tried several things to try to tame the recoil and couldn't. I.E. Kickeaze recoil pad, porting, stock weight. Several of us tried shooting it and didn't like it either. It's not in the same league as your Beretta. And I'm not saying that as a beretta fan boy either. You'd be better off selling your Beretta single barrel trap gun and buying a beretta over/under. Another option is a ceasar guerini. I don't like them as well as berettas but they're way better than the ruger.

I'm sure I'm going to piss someone off with the above statement. Just know I've been shooting skeet for 30years and I'm only 46. I've competed in 5 different states. And no, I'm not trying to brag, just giving context.

Ed, if you're available after 7pm tonight give me a call and we can talk if you're interested. You should have my number.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tigmaned

Feb 25, 2007
    Crofton
    yeah Gary i have heard some stories about them!! to bad nice American made o/u is what we need.. but have heard good things about Ruger service?
    also thinking Franchi?? but its hard to look at anything else other then Beretta's!!!!!!!!having owned so many and enjoyed everyone..

i have the top single sold? you know how on-line sales go! its a back and forth...

i give you a call.

Last edited:

tigmaned

Feb 25, 2007
    Crofton
    yeah, i am getting mixed reviews also on these new model Red Label's, so maybe i'll wait it out and see how these pan out then.. thanks..
    but i have always had great luck with Beretta's.. so i will stick with them.

Last edited:

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    I have an older Red Label which I really like, no issues with it at all after years of hunting with it.

Constitutional Arms had some of the new ones in a few weeks ago, may still have some left if you're close to them.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Depending on what you want to use the gun for you may want to look into Guerini's, I have been shooting and winning with a Summit Trap and a Summit Impact for 3 or 4 years now. Vey nice handling guns with great triggers and very good factory service and support.
    I had a Joel Etchen Special Beretta which was a very nice gun but I consider the Guerini a step up.

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    I never heard a single bad thing about any Ruger Red Label, old or new, until this thread. I know a guy who has shot tens of thousands of rounds of trap with an older one without incident. My dad had an All-Weather Red Label he turkey hunted with for awhile before moving on to a BPS pump. Never had an issue there either. I think they are excellent guns, and USA made to boot.

clay pigeon

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 5, 2012
    I have a old 20 guage Red Label and it has been a excellent shotgun. I dont know anything about the new models.

JHE1956

Apr 16, 2013
    Annapolis
    If they're like the old ones, I would run not just walk away from them. I had a friend that tried to shoot one and couldn't. He tried several things to try to tame the recoil and couldn't. I.E. Kickeaze recoil pad, porting, stock weight. Several of us tried shooting it and didn't like it either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That was not my experience with my older Ruger. I bought it in the early 90s and probably put 15000 rounds through it shooting skeet, mostly AA #9 1 1/8 oz light target loads. Never really noticed the recoil.

I will say though that after about 10000 rounds, I had to send it back to Ruger for repair (free) when it started double firing. I was told that it was designed as a field gun, and not to have such a large number of rounds put through it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom