• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I officially took her out for a spin and will post my target later but ill admit she has me impressed. For the brief time being she has a crappy 100 dollar Bushnell scope and cheap weaver rings. Im awaiting my weaver size 18 mounts and I have a decent set of Warne rings that will be a replacement.

I dialed her in at 60 (odd I know but it was easier than 50 thanks to the trees). A ten shot group was less then 6 inches apart and thats with the terrible sun, me sweating my balls off, and no bench rest. Took me about 100 Rds to get her there but you can thank the first scope disaster for that. I was also snagging decent groups at 80 yards, well decent for what this guns purpose is in my collection( fiancees toy, beaver destroyer)

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    IMG_20130912_170927_zpsc39e9224.jpg

60 yards, crappy scope, and no bench rest.

The 80 yard target looked pretty good too. I need a bench rest to "fine tune" the scope but these are great little rifles.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

The 80 yard target looked pretty good too. I need a bench rest to "fine tune" the scope but these are great little rifles.

Good looking rifle too. Biting my lip and thinking "delayed gratification, delayed gratification, ...". :) Maybe October/November given how much of my putative firearms budget I've been burning through.

Will be interested in how Boom Boom's test turns out as he might use a rest so we can see how well it groups with good ammo (like your Mini Mags).

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I've got a rest at my brothers house in Frederick but I was to bonerfied and had to test it out.

The old picnic table hurt my elbows like crap and if you've never gone to combat with a Marshy Hope Creek Death Spider (actual scientific name) then you don't understand freedom (they crawled out from underneath the table).

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I've got a rest at my brothers house in Frederick but I was to bonerfied and had to test it out.

The old picnic table hurt my elbows like crap and if you've never gone to combat with a Marshy Hope Creek Death Spider (actual scientific name) then you don't understand freedom (they crawled out from underneath the table).

Yikes. I'm surprised you got some reasonable groups given the conditions. Look anything like the one in the attached photos? Was mowing the lawn last week, taking a pass near an exterior roof corner of the garage, and my own spider sense tingled, so looked above and saw this guy. Took another fuzzy pic (yeah, shaky hand) using phone A with my right hand extended showing phone B to get an idea of dimension/size (phone isn't exactly in the same plane - but spider was easily 2-3 inches in length). In the end, I peacefully withdrew leaving Kong to his dominion. Wife hates other flying bugs more, so this beast might have been feasting on stink bugs, etc.

Attachments

• Backyard spider 1.jpg
      Backyard spider 1.jpg
      34.3 KB · Views: 391
    • Backyard spider 2.jpeg
      Backyard spider 2.jpeg
      53.4 KB · Views: 392

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    How the hell did this turn into a spider thread hijack? Kill them all. Hate spiders. Now back to Rugers please!!

jleemd99

Oct 30, 2011
    Catonsville, Maryland
    I had one of those spiders build a web right outside my front door one night. I stepped outside to walk the dog and it was right there in my face. Needless to say, I walked right back inside.

On topic though, I've been itching to get this Ruger. My significant other bought me a Nikon ProStaff for my birthday and I haven't put it on anything yet.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Are you seeking the Standard or Compact model? Do both of the 22LR models have the same feature, such as built-in scope mount and adjustable triggers? Will both models take the 10/22 mags?
    Thanks!

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV

Is this the compact 22LR model or full size?
    Thanks!

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life

Nice looking rifle, Matt!!!!!!!

I think I could justify one of those, right after Christmas!!!!!!!:D

Isn't it amazing?????? As soon as Bill Ruger kicked the bucket, his company starts bringing to market...... some awesome firearms!!!!!!

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    This thread slowed down a bit. I was looking for more reports on this Ruger American rimfire, expecially compact.

Mar 8, 2011
    Available again for $250 from the same source as in the OP ...

http://www.kygunco.com/mobile/produ...fire-compact-22lr-18in-matte-black-10rd-rifle

Good rifle for Appleseed? I've heard levers might be less than optimal.

You can run a bolt gun at Appleseed but you're going to have your work cut out for you when you get to the timed stages. I'm sure some would disagree with me but I would say that cycling the bolt without disrupting your natural point of aim is extremely difficult. In theory, the next anniversary edition of the 10/22 will have the ruger american stock which will make a really nice Appleseed rifle as long as they put good sights on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom