• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jan 4, 2013
    Hello everyone,

One of the Admins at my school asked me if I knew anyone who may be interested in this and I figured I would post it here.

http://www.heritagetrainingcenter.com/

They are looking for full and part time range safety officers, customer service, and retail. The pay will be from $14+ based on the job. They are also looking for folks that are interested in working hard, learning the business to move towards more managerial roles too.

You can also reach out to David Kloos at dkloos@heritagetrainingcenter.com

Just mention that you got the information from Chris at Kaplan Hagerstown.
    I believe they are looking for immediate staffing...

Hope this helps someone in need find some work....

Have a great day
    Chris

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Good to see another range opening, but I will pass on visiting this one. Seems a bit pricey, and a few of the rules just get under my skin. I understand that a lot of these indoor ranges have to follow strict insurance guidelines, but there are others that work a little better for me.

some rules that stand out to me:

- Bursts of rapid fire from firearms is prohibited. Controlled fire only.
    - No one under the age of 18 is permitted on the ranges.
    - Drawing from the holster and hip shooting are not permitted on the range.

IgotAgun

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 20, 2015
    So is that the 3 second in between shots or just acquiring a sight picture for each shot? I can fire controlled pretty fast.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    Good to see another range opening, but I will pass on visiting this one. Seems a bit pricey, and a few of the rules just get under my skin. I understand that a lot of these indoor ranges have to follow strict insurance guidelines, but there are others that work a little better for me.

Pretty much the common rules I've run into everywhere else; except for maybe the no one under 18.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Pretty much the common rules I've run into everywhere else; except for maybe the no one under 18.
    NRA range, Freestate, Delmarva, Blue Ridge, Elite Shooting Sport, MSAR dont have a "slow" fire rule, and allows you to draw from a holster. I use NRA rules as the standard.. You might need to start visiting other ranges for a bit of variety.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Straightbolt

unindicted co-conspirator
    Apr 4, 2015
    The 'Burbs
    An indoor 25 yard pistol range :indiffere

I would be more impressed with a state of the art outdoor rifle/pistol range that has a 600 or even 1,000 yard range.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I'd love to see this. With all the members we have here, we should just all chip in and buy someplace, and have it be mdshooters.com member's own range. Members could buy ownership shares to join.

Lol, me too but we can't even get through a Group Buy without something hitting the fan......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I'd love to see this. With all the members we have here, we should just all chip in and buy someplace, and have it be mdshooters.com member's own range. Members could buy ownership shares to join.

You assume the majority of members here shoot with some consistency in order for this to be worth their while. Naturally, I would want the range closest to my house and not yours. I'm in! ;)

This bad idea would be akin to selling a used car to a family member :D

psycosteve

Meme magic works!!!
    Sep 3, 2012
    Gentrfying the Hagersbush.

But that puts too much power into Norton's hands as we speak. How would those who bought stock and then got the ban hammer be dealt with. This could get really ugly really quick. Now the only way I could see this working is if the range was a separate entity from MDS but ran by MDS members and the like. The range would have to be open to the public and sell membership shares and dues just to stay out of the red.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    But that puts too much power into Norton's hands as we speak. How would those who bought stock and then got the ban hammer be dealt with. This could get really ugly really quick. Now the only way I could see this working is if the range was a separate entity from MDS but ran by MDS members and the like. The range would have to be open to the public and sell membership shares and dues just to stay out of the red.

Yeah, even better...I didn't really think it through much before posting. Norton would never do that though, right? ;)

Mr Bear

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland

This!!

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    If they are paying the same as fast food but require a backround check, clean record and MSP/NRA teaching credentials ... bad business plan :tdown:

Where is your myriad of shooting and business experience coming from??? You have a shooting range that's competing with them?

Last edited:

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Yes, $14/hr. I'd like to see a poll of those here making less. Cross that matrix with certified instructors. How large will the pool of potential employees be?

Fender

Sep 26, 2014
    Rocky Ridge, MD
    Sent an email yesterday informing that I could fulfill any position needed. Spent 4 years in the Army so we'll see if will help anything. As of now, no response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom