• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    If you are unable to locate your firearm and you have already contacted a firearms dealer and/or the firearm's manufacturer and/or your attorney and have been unable to receive a satisfactory response, you may submit the below form. By submitting this form, you are acknowledging that you have contacted a firearms dealer and/or the firearm's manufacturer and/or your attorney and have not obtained the guidance necessary to make an informed decision.
    This paragraph at the end is interesting. It essentially is the MSP not wanting to have to make a decision unless they have to. It gives some wiggle room for FFL's to use their discretion on making a legality call. If the MSP comes down and says they made the wrong call when the choice is grey, all the FFL needs to do is come back and say "You said not to ask!"

-Jim

RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    Shaking my head at the justification for the Tavors: "Copcat Weapon".

Copycat of what?

Then it says due to overall length...

Joshvictus

2GOG
    Jul 8, 2014
    Annapolis
    They mention it because it's in the statute. They don't want someone to claim it wasn't listed and therefore not part of the copycat features list..

[/FONT][/B][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Yeah I guess I can understand that lol.

They are

For $300 you can get a 37mm "signalling" devie shipped straight to your home, no paperwork required.

It will make your rifle uber lethal when attached! Its like those new laser seeking bullets :D

Like for if we're stranded at night somewhere right? :D

tom b

Oct 2, 2011
    you can still buy a tavor if the OAL is 29+

Question - Does the muzzle brake or whatever is used to extend to 29"+ need to be permanent? Per the MSP link in this thread it's banned for being a copycat & for being less than 29".

Weapon Selected: IWI Tavor TAR;
    Justification: COPYCAT WEAPON
    Date of Status: 10/1/2013
    Comments: This weapon is currently banned based on the overall length of the firearm.

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    Question - Does the muzzle brake or whatever is used to extend to 29"+ need to be permanent? Per the MSP link in this thread it's banned for being a copycat & for being less than 29".

Weapon Selected: IWI Tavor TAR;
    Justification: COPYCAT WEAPON
    Date of Status: 10/1/2013
    Comments: This weapon is currently banned based on the overall length of the firearm.

yes must be permanent

Feb 28, 2013
    Love the part where they casually mention a grenade launcher attachment in a list of banned addons... as if they were like hotcakes on everyone's AR's prior...

Granted, 40 mm "grenade" launchers were not, because those are "destructive devices" and therefore are subject to NFA.

"Assault weapon" laws are all about appearance. For less than 1/10th of the price of a 40mm grenade launcher, and without the red tape of NFA, you can get a 37mm "signalling device" that looks just like the 40mm. That is the only reason that was added.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I saw that too. I haven't been keeping up very well. Is the Sig 556 good to go?

It's a grey area. Before the law took effect, MSP was compelling 556 owners who bought them cash and carry to fill out a 77r and registration papers by saying it was a copy of the 551(even though it's not) and should've been regulated. I haven't heard of anyone trying to buy one since the law went into effect to know for sure if MSP would approve it. I can say for sure the 556R(7.62x39) is still legal.

Feb 28, 2013
    It's a grey area. Before the law took effect, MSP was compelling 556 owners who bought them cash and carry to fill out a 77r and registration papers by saying it was a copy of the 551(even though it's not) and should've been regulated.

Meh, they LOOK similar. That's close enough. :rolleyes:

I haven't heard of anyone trying to buy one since the law went into effect to know for sure if MSP would approve it.

The MSP wouldn't need to approve a rifle purchase at this point because there ain't no more regulated rifles.

I can say for sure the 556R(7.62x39) is still legal.

The 556R is legal because it's a different caliber, thus not a copy. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom