• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    The GOP holds slim majorities in both Houses and the governorship, and it appears only simple majorities are needed. They can pass this if they want, although I don't know how many RHINOS are up there who could screw it up.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Its not a big issue to them.. as residents. That's why I say speak softly. I spoke to sone folks at the york show.. they are not ignoring this at all. But they tell me the best way to get it done is not to draw attention and just do it. Makes sense to me.. let's give them a shot. Its thier home court.

I totally agree and have stated this before in response to members screaming about doing all sorts of things aimed at PA politicians. It's THEIR state, but I suspected there were people in PA already addressing this problem.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    The GOP holds slim majorities in both Houses and the governorship, and it appears only simple majorities are needed. They can pass this if they want, although I don't know how many RHINOS are up there who could screw it up.

They have no reason to. Unless we make it a controversy. I spoke to our friends,as friends, and guess what ---they agree with us.

But make it look like they are yielding to outside pressure.... well now they have a reason to "screw it up.

For now let PA handle this without any public pressure..from us in MD or NJ...

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    I totally agree and have stated this before in response to members screaming about doing all sorts of things aimed at PA politicians. It's THEIR state, but I suspected there were people in PA already addressing this problem.

They are happy to help friends.. not so much noisey inter loopers... inagine that --- Dale Carnegie strikes again...
    :)

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    They have no reason to. Unless we make it a controversy. I spoke to our friends.. as friends and guess what they agree with us.

But make it look like they are yielding to outside pressure.... well now they have a reason to "screw it up.

For now let PA handle this without any public pressure..from us in MD or NJ...

There are reasons to, outside of helping non-residents. For one thing PA can only help it's own permit by recognizing all others. It also helps their police know what's what; under Kane the reciprocity keeps changing and no one knows what the heck is going on. Not good to leave something like this to one person who arbitrarily changes things on a whim.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    There are reasons to, outside of helping non-residents. For one thing PA can only help it's own permit by recognizing all others. It also helps their police know what's what; under Kane the reciprocity keeps changing and no one knows what the heck is going on. Not good to leave something like this to one person who arbitrarily changes things on a whim.

Right.. but if we make noise thier oposition will spin it... there have been issues on the border of Md and likely nj as well with crime and other issues... frankly not all Md gun owners reflect well on us.

Best leave this to them.. if it does not work out then we can start making a little noise...

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    I think PA knows there is an economic impact at stake here. I've written to representatives in PA myself, alluding to my supporting small businesses along our shared border.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    It's now or never for PA.

Election 2014 polls are showing it's an all but certainty that a Democrat will be in the Governor office.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    It's now or never for PA.

Election 2014 polls are showing it's an all but certainty that a Democrat will be in the Governor office.

Don't be so dramatic.. even demagogues pander to gun owners in PA.

And the legislature can still make the Governors life hell on wheels.

MD however is not going to survive a Brown administration..

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    I wonder if the bill still allows reciprocity agreements? I know some states (WV for one) which requires a formal agreement or some kind if acknowlegement by the other state that they recognize WV permits. I'm hoping WV doesn't end up dropping PA as a result, even though PA would obviously still recognize WV.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Don't be so dramatic.. even demagogues pander to gun owners in PA.

And the legislature can still make the Governors life hell on wheels.

MD however is not going to survive a Brown administration..
    It'll depend on the GA. PA doesn't have as strong of R majorities as VS does.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    I wonder if the bill still allows reciprocity agreements? I know some states (WV for one) which requires a formal agreement or some kind if acknowlegement by the other state that they recognize WV permits. I'm hoping WV doesn't end up dropping PA as a result, even though PA would obviously still recognize WV.

The bill as written does not take away the AG's power to enter into reciprocity agreements. The reciprocity agreements in force would still remain, but they would then be redundant. Sort of like Utah. Utah recognizes every permit but has entered into formal reciprocity with a number of states.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom