• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joppaj

Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I can't see me buying one, but very cool on them for innovating.

I can't see me buying one, but very cool on them for innovating.
    I'm just not really sure why. Lever guns are usually a bit more expensive than the run of the mill AR. I do like that it is magazine fed though. That eliminates the tube magazine which gives you more bullet choices. I just don't see this being very popular because you're not going to be able to get it in calibers that are traditionally found in lever action rifles but then maybe that's the attraction.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I'm just not really sure why. Lever guns are usually a bit more expensive than the run of the mill AR. I do like that it is magazine fed though. That eliminates the tube magazine which gives you more bullet choices. I just don't see this being very popular because you're not going to be able to get it in calibers that are traditionally found in lever action rifles but then maybe that's the attraction.

Maybe they're aiming for a foreign market, such as Canada or Australia?

Not sure what their current laws are, the way things are going they might have even cracked down on all mag fed rifles. I know years ago mag fed pumps and other types used to be popular alternatives to semi autos.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Back when you could still own pistols in Germany, there were restrictions on how many you could own. Also, many sports shooting pistol ranges were restricted to .22lr. So H&K made a version of the P7 that could shoot .22lr .32 Auto and .380 and before that they made a HK4 that fired .22, .25, .32 and .380.

This rifle anticipates the scheduled death of Clarence Thomas and the 'reform' of the supreme court. If the Nazis that run NY and California get the upper hand again, the inmates of those states will be allowed to own 1 musket each. A multi caliber lever action will be an attractive product.

Am I the only who thinks that is fugly?
    It is ugly. As ugly as the SCR carbine (semi auto) they make. It has an 870 like stock and a proprietary lower receiver and BCG. It will accept any caliber AR15 upper..What it doesn't have are millions of seething anti "assault weapon" fanatics demanding it gets banned because it looks like a hunting gun with a 5 round mag...but it will take any standard AR mag too..

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Man, I'm 100% onboard with these if they're reliable. Great-looking platform to run 300 AAC BLK subs out of, and can be swapped easily to big bore calibers like 458 SOCOM. I'd still be in the market for something like the Big Boy X in 357, but this is certainly appealing for a manual-action gun.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I own two of their scr semi-automatics but this is a new product for them. I'm not sure why they decided to go with a lever action but this just seems like a strange combination to me multicaliber and lever action.

Uses AR uppers. I like it. Not everyone can or wants a semi-auto and the ability to just swap an upper on and have a new caliber is pretty awesome.

For me, I’d like a PCC. I have shot AR PCCs. The only ones I’ve liked even a little are delayed blowbacks and those are generally $$$.

This sucker would be a lot of fun with a 9mm upper on it. Can swap to a 45. Etc. all shooting extremely quiet suppressed.

Other than proprietary, the only issue I see is shooting from a bench. An issue all lever guns suffer from to a degree. Another perk is because it uses all my uppers, if this does get abandoned, all of those uppers continue working with my AR lowers.

And also who doesn’t want a 1000yd 24” 6.5 Grendel lever gun? Because I have a very accurate 24” 6.5 Grendel AR upper that sees only rare use right now…

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom