• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring
    Interesting - I've seen em shootin Benelli's, Beretta's, and an A5 er two... Been wondering who'd they'd ultimately sell out to...

Whoever's done their marketing plan, is a genius, since they seem to have no none compete agreements - they are literally everywhere! Even with competing retailers for the same products... Guess if yer gonna sellout, sellout BIG! --JB

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    I refuse to ever buy a goddamn thing with duck dynasty on it. I'm so sick of seeing it plastered on EVERYTHING. IMO they have gone too far and have gotten to the point of being annoying.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    In his book, "Happy, Happy, Happy" Phil Robertson goes on for a while talking about his love for his Browning shotguns. He's a true entrepreneur though.

I'm glad for their success.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    In his book, "Happy, Happy, Happy" Phil Robertson goes on for a while talking about his love for his Browning shotguns. He's a true entrepreneur though.

I'm glad for their success.

I think Willie had more to do with this than Phil. Willie is not only on Duck Dynasty, he has a show called Buck Commander.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I think Willie had more to do with this than Phil. Willie is not only on Duck Dynasty, he has a show called Buck Commander.

I don't think much of anything has to do with the family themselves. They have a marketing manager or whoever that goes out and gets them deals and they sign off on it. Mossberg is a legitimate firearms manufacturer. Jerry Miculek cut a deal with them too.
    More power to them. Guns and hunting now have a good showcase in the media.
    That is good for all of us.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    950 for a 935? willie can take that gun and shove it up his ass!!!! almost a thousand dollars for a budget gun with a dip job on it you can do yourself with a 30 dollar kit.....pffffft

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    950 for a 935? willie can take that gun and shove it up his ass!!!! almost a thousand dollars for a budget gun with a dip job on it you can do yourself with a 30 dollar kit.....pffffft

You probably think the Duck Dynasty chia pets are dumb too.

justsand

Ultimate Member
    Jul 14, 2010
    monrovia md
    I don't think much of anything has to do with the family themselves. They have a marketing manager or whoever that goes out and gets them deals and they sign off on it. Mossberg is a legitimate firearms manufacturer. Jerry Miculek cut a deal with them too.
    More power to them. Guns and hunting now have a good showcase in the media.
    That is good for all of us.

:thumbsup: thank you for the common sense

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I keep thinking that family may look stupid on TV but they're all geniuses.

Looks can be deceiving in many ways. The person wearing Armani suits with the large house and $100,000 car might have debt coming out his ears and might be living paycheck to paycheck. Meanwhile, the old guy with the 20+ year old car might have millions in the bank. Millionaire next door is a pretty good read, and pretty much confirms this.

I don't follow Duck Dynasty, Buck Commander, or the Robertsons that much, but from what I have heard they are all rather intelligent. Now, rich and intelligent.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    So, the Duck Commanders are spreading their tentacles even further. They inked a deal with Mossberg for a line of Duck Commander shotguns. http://mossberg.com/duck-commander-products Now if I were a duck hunter, I would seriously consider the 935 Magnum since they come dipped in Max 5 Realtree camo.

Yeah, but it is a Mossberg. lol

My buddy just went from his Mossberg and Stoeger to a Benelli SBE II. He said he is kicking himself for not listening to me a long time ago. His only regret is that he got it in camo instead of black. He said the camo is chipping off all over it. Meanwhile, my 16 year old black SBE might have a couple of dings on it, but nothing too noticeable. When it went boom, boom on Thanksgiving morning and two geese fell out of the air, they didn't flare because of the dings.

Did I mention that it is a Mossberg? lol

RLaw

Apr 6, 2013
    Well the real blessing of this show and all the merchandising, is that it's bringing hunting, firearms, and actually reality TV that's not a constant trainwreck....smack dab in the face of main stream America. I can't think of any other TV program that has live fire in it (I remember Phil firing an AR into a beaver dam), unapologetically, reaching the masses like this one does. Given all we've been through for the past few years, I'm happy (happy, happy) to see it.

itsslow98

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2010
    Harford County, MD

MSRP, you know what MSRP is on a regular mossberg 500? $400......Dicks sells them almost daily for $299 with a smooth bore barrel and a rifled barrel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom