• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    https://www.primaryarms.com/Holosun-Paralow-HS403-Parallax-Free-Red-Dot-p/hs403.htm

These are the same guys who make the PA Advanced sight. 50k hours of battery life, lifetime warranty, lower 1/3 co-witness, auto-shutoff, auto-wake at medium power, and takes CR2032s.

Not sure if it has a NV mode, and, unfortunately, doesn't seem to have a QD lever. But it looks like a hell of a nice new contender in the Micro space. :) Maybe I'll put it on my Glock SBR... $170 is a nice price point.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    When PA and/or HSPL finally start armoring their dots with some rubber, I think you'll see some real defection from Aimpoint in certain categories. Auto-on/off is a really nice feature in a home defense carbine optic.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    Looks very similar to the TRS25 so I'll definitely check it out. Only question is at 50k hour battery life why would you need the auto-shutoff? I would just leave it on if it were my HD gun but auto-on solves that. Very cool either way.

anil

Sep 28, 2008
    Silver Spring, MD
    Looks very similar to the TRS25 so I'll definitely check it out. Only question is at 50k hour battery life why would you need the auto-shutoff? I would just leave it on if it were my HD gun but auto-on solves that. Very cool either way.

They already offer the PA micro dot which competes with the TRS25 and is just under $100. This is notable due to battery life and other updates.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Cool. That's more than 10X the battery life of my EoTech in the "OFF" mode.

Completely different technologies: projected holographic versus reflective LED. I own both. Pros and cons both ways. I still prefer Eotech for the crystal-clear glass, pinpoint dot, and large FOV.

What kills it for me with Chinese red dots, no doubt including this one, is the cheesy dark blue tint and low-rent glass. It royally sucks looking through when lighting is poor.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Im a P.A. fan but this one falls short for my needs.

#1 when you have to replace the battery it requires removing the optic from the mount.

#2 is does NOT use any standard mounting pattern. SO I cant use LaRue Q.D. Mounts unless Mr LaRue wants to make a special mount for these, which means I would have to sell all of my T1 LaRue Q.D. Aimpoint Mounts.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Completely different technologies: projected holographic versus reflective LED. I own both. Pros and cons both ways. I still prefer Eotech for the crystal-clear glass, pinpoint dot, and large FOV.

Yep - mainly, that was my sideways dig at EoTech for making a sight that kills batteries even with the power off.
    I have the 511, and those little 'N' batteries get eaten up in about 7-8 months, even if I never take my rifle out of the safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThawMyTongue

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2009
    Dublin, OH
    Im a P.A. fan but this one falls short for my needs.

#1 when you have to replace the battery it requires removing the optic from the mount.

#2 is does NOT use any standard mounting pattern. SO I cant use LaRue Q.D. Mounts unless Mr LaRue wants to make a special mount for these, which means I would have to sell all of my T1 LaRue Q.D. Aimpoint Mounts.

That would be a deal breaker to me right there... Doesn't even make any sense :rolleyes:

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Yep - mainly, that was my sideways dig at EoTech for making a sight that kills batteries even with the power off.
    I have the 511, and those little 'N' batteries get eaten up in about 7-8 months, even if I never take my rifle out of the safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an XPS that after 28 months the battery died. Battery life for me is non issue since every time I inspect any of my guns in the safe I always check the battery to make sure it powers on and to make sure the integrity of the battery is good IE no corrosion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom