• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Welcome!
    Also, I think you need a sponsor for stony creek, I dont know anyone who shoots there but its not far from me at all, i would join if i knew someone who was a member already. Currently i shoot at Berwin with a buddy who is a member.

Feb 21, 2010
    Glen Burnie, MD
    Have you tried Select Fire in Glen Burnie? Nice little indoor range over by the mall.

I have, and to be honest it was not a pleasant experience. The man that greeted us acted like we had never fired before. I rented a gun there, which appeared to have never been cleaned. Out of a box of 50 .45cal rounds, I had 13 jams. The magazine I was provided appeared to be damaged, and the guy behind the counter, when I notified him, didn't seem to care. He carried on conversating with another customer. This was my first visit to Select Fire, at the recommendation of a friend (the same who was there with me this trip). Even though it's close, based on the experience, and the fact that my buddy got a rash of $hit for bringing in a loaded magazine, I think I'll drive the extra 7 miles to On Target.

I typically give every business two honest attempts to retain my business. I may return in the coming months to see if the experience rates any higher. There's no excuse for shotty equipment rentals though, especially considering they are weapons! As for the service, maybe the employee was just having a bad day, or has no sense of customer service.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    While looking for some outdoor range information I stumbled across this site. 5 minutes of browsing and I knew I needed to sign up!

Not sure what kind of introductions are expected, but a short background: Active duty Air Force TSgt, married, two sons. Enjoy shooting whenever I get the chance.

Looking for a nice range for shotgun, rifle, and pistol shooting. I found a website for the club in Pasadena. Any active members here belong to the club at Stoney creek?
    Welcome. I've only been a member since November and can tell you I've learned a hell of a lot since becoming a member of MDS. I know you'll enjoy it.

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    I have, and to be honest it was not a pleasant experience. The man that greeted us acted like we had never fired before. I rented a gun there, which appeared to have never been cleaned. Out of a box of 50 .45cal rounds, I had 13 jams. The magazine I was provided appeared to be damaged, and the guy behind the counter, when I notified him, didn't seem to care. He carried on conversating with another customer. This was my first visit to Select Fire, at the recommendation of a friend (the same who was there with me this trip). Even though it's close, based on the experience, and the fact that my buddy got a rash of $hit for bringing in a loaded magazine, I think I'll drive the extra 7 miles to On Target.

I typically give every business two honest attempts to retain my business. I may return in the coming months to see if the experience rates any higher. There's no excuse for shotty equipment rentals though, especially considering they are weapons! As for the service, maybe the employee was just having a bad day, or has no sense of customer service.

yeah just do a search on select fire on here. your not alone in the shitty service

HKB

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2007
    Finksburg, MD
    Welcome,
    and your experience is par for the course at select fire. I have not been there in about 5 years and will NEVER go back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom