• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gruube

Feb 19, 2008
    For those who care the city is getting a new mayor soon. I saw mayor Blake on a news conference the other day. One of her first orders of business is to get tougher gun laws in the city (go figure). Apparently there are different guideline and penalties for using a handgun versus a rifle in an armed robbery. It seems that you will get a stiffer penalty if you use a handgun. Now using common sense it seems to me that armed robbery is armed robbery no matter what the weapon of choice. This city is unbelievable. What will they come up with next?

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    She's more of Dixon all over again. They're from the same group of people that have been on the city council forever. I am SO glad I don't live in the city.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    She's more of Dixon all over again. They're from the same group of people that have been on the city council forever. I am SO glad I don't live in the city.

The new city council president also has some residency issues, has said he will appoint a few Dixon appointees and has really bad taste in eyeglasses.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    One of her first orders of business is to get tougher gun laws in the city (go figure). Apparently there are different guideline and penalties for using a handgun versus a rifle in an armed robbery.

Those caught with illegal handguns in Baltimore city aren't kept off the streets long enough to discourage them from carrying in the future. So if this is what she means by "tougher gun laws" then great, but we all know it just translates to a less gun-friendly environment for the rest of us.

The laws are already in place, the problem is lack of resources to enforce them. Too many cases thrown out and too many early paroles for people who clearly constitute a danger.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Just read the article: the police commissioner is "warning delegates about getting lost 'in the philosophical hoo-ha' of a broader gun control debate".

Them's some real high-falutin' political words there. If it wasn't about my freedoms I would find it funny.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.

Actually, she's more like omalley (which can be worse). At least with cracky, you knew exactly what she was thinking. Blake is more of a omalley-slime-snake-in-the-grass politician. It's going to be an interest few years.

I wish the housing market would come back, already.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    For those who care the city is getting a new mayor soon. I saw mayor Blake on a news conference the other day. One of her first orders of business is to get tougher gun laws in the city (go figure). Apparently there are different guideline and penalties for using a handgun versus a rifle in an armed robbery. It seems that you will get a stiffer penalty if you use a handgun. Now using common sense it seems to me that armed robbery is armed robbery no matter what the weapon of choice. This city is unbelievable. What will they come up with next?

Common sense? That has never been a requirement to be a politics. Moreso for the new mayor because I hear she comes from a big political family, so she has had that silver spoon that opens the doors easier for her then most.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Just read the article: the police commissioner is "warning delegates about getting lost 'in the philosophical hoo-ha' of a broader gun control debate".

Them's some real high-falutin' political words there. If it wasn't about my freedoms I would find it funny.

Talk about funny, am I the only one who has a hard time keeping a straight face anytime the Baltimore police commissioner is talking on TV? Is that guy for real?

Squad40

$240 worth of pudding
    Mar 28, 2009
    The only upside with her for me is she's always looked out for the fire dept, and we could use a mayor that won't constantly try to shit all over us.

Ethan83

Ultimate Member
    Jan 8, 2009
    Baltimoreish
    After reading the article, her position mostly makes sense to me, and it doesn't offend me. I don't really see it encroaching on gun rights, as it's only a charge to be used when a crime is committed. However, it is still true that it will accomplish absolutely nothing as far as preventing, stopping, or deterring crime. It's stupid, but not offensively so.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I need to move!:sad20:
    One day I'm gonna do it. I'll be a Maryland Shooter in TN.
    I might even visit:D

You may not have to go that far west. WV is starting to sound good to me...

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=31219
    The first of these bills is HB4265. This bill prohibits the taking of lawfully possessed arms and ammunition during a declared state of emergency or riot. Hurricane Katrina anyone?
    HB4325 is essentially an Alaska-style carry bill. If passed, this bill would remove the requirement for concealed carry licensing.

The voice of sanity...

I hope all those proposed bills pass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alfontso

Latest threads

Top Bottom