• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jan 18, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    Just ordered a new stock for my Marlin Glenfield 60. It is the ATI Dragunov stock...Midway had them on sale for $35. For that price I figured why not. Has anybody ever used this stock...any opinions, or reviews? I will post the picture of my gun in the new stock, when I receive the stock in the mail.

662553.jpg

RobSky

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Anne Arundel

Attachments

• IMG_0119.jpg
      IMG_0119.jpg
      114.4 KB · Views: 260
    Jan 18, 2012
    Baltimore, MD

Looks good...did you have a hard time getting the screw hole on the grip to line up with the receiver?...I had to drill and dremmel the grip hole to make it work...and then with some pushing and pulling on the reveiver, it finally worked...i guess I will post my pics here also...I changed my hi point 995 into to tactical stock along with my marlin yesterday.

The link to the tread i posted with my little review of the new marlin and hi point stock & pictures...
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=76364

Attachments

• DSCN0172.jpg
      DSCN0172.jpg
      60.7 KB · Views: 237
    • DSCN0182.jpg
      DSCN0182.jpg
      63.8 KB · Views: 244

RobSky

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Anne Arundel
    Looks good...did you have a hard time getting the screw hole on the grip to line up with the receiver?...I had to drill and dremmel the grip hole to make it work...and then with some pushing and pulling on the reveiver, it finally worked...i guess I will post my pics here also...I changed my hi point 995 into to tactical stock along with my marlin yesterday.

The link to the tread i posted with my little review of the new marlin and hi point stock & pictures...
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=76364

:thumbsup:

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    Years ago Marlin used to offer stocks in there catalogs - but I dont see them on there website anymore.

I swapped out my stock on my older Model 60 from the 80's with one of there laminates. I really did not like the original Monte Carlo stock. The Press checkering looked like it was done with teeth in a vise. The laminate is so much nicer looking, and feeling. They drop right in - no modifying needed.

One thing I wish Marlin would do - is get rid of the plastic trigger guards! Those would look so much nicer in metal. Wish someone made replacement metal trigger guards.

Here's a pic of the Laminate stock they used to sell:

Attachments

• 60LAM.jpg
      60LAM.jpg
      49.2 KB · Views: 228

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033