• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I guess I'm the only one here who's always looked for grips with a cut by the mag release because I'm plagued with short thumbs. I'm excited to try the new Magpul grips.

There are other brands out there with thumb cut outs (VZ, Hogue) as well. I like the cut out.

Sent from somewhere in the world.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Companies that don't grow, die...

Jamie

Companies that do not fill orders die.

I wonder why it is that companies that don't grow die? I honestly would not mind owning a company that makes a good amount of money year after year without any growth other than enough to cover inflation.

Sometimes, growth can kill a company when it tries to grow too fast, grow into areas it has no expertise in, or just grow for the sake of growing.

Personally, I do not care for the looks of these grips, but they certainly are cheap.

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    Companies that do not fill orders die.

I wonder why it is that companies that don't grow die? I honestly would not mind owning a company that makes a good amount of money year after year without any growth other than enough to cover inflation.

Sometimes, growth can kill a company when it tries to grow too fast, grow into areas it has no expertise in, or just grow for the sake of growing.

Personally, I do not care for the looks of these grips, but they certainly are cheap.

They are selling every single Pmag they make. What happens if there is an actual ban on 30 rnd mags? What happens if the limit goes to 10 rounds?

Where will there business be then? If they don't introduce new product lines, they will cease to be...

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    They are selling every single Pmag they make. What happens if there is an actual ban on 30 rnd mags? What happens if the limit goes to 10 rounds?

Where will there business be then? If they don't introduce new product lines, they will cease to be...

Someone has to make 10 rounders then. People will need and buy them.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    Someone has to make 10 rounders then. People will need and buy them.

Right, they will continue to exist making 10 rnd magazines.

Funny, they began making grips for magazines. Hence the name "Mag-Pull"

Then, they started making magazines. Then, they started making furniture for ARs, Back-Up sights, Rail, Covers, Forward grips, and no one had a problem. But now, the 1911 grips are a crime against humanity, because there's been a current run on magazines and some folks can't find them. Hell, they've been all over the place for years, at good prices, but in the last 5 months, they're scarce.

They should change their business plans because some people didn't plan ahead?

Jamie

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Right, they will continue to exist making 10 rnd magazines.

Funny, they began making grips for magazines. Hence the name "Mag-Pull"

Then, they started making magazines. Then, they started making furniture for ARs, Back-Up sights, Rail, Covers, Forward grips, and no one had a problem. But now, the 1911 grips are a crime against humanity, because there's been a current run on magazines and some folks can't find them. Hell, they've been all over the place for years, at good prices, but in the last 5 months, they're scarce.

They should change their business plans because some people didn't plan ahead?

Jamie

Yes they should dedicate all production to magazines which were cheap and widely available and will be cheap and widely available even after 10/1. But I want them NOW!!!!!!!

Okay sarcasm off. I actually like the look of these and they're cheap if ya don't like em toss em.

And besides I hear Magpul has more than one E-Z Bake oven.

ASM80

Mar 10, 2012
    Hereford, MD
    Yeah, it's Magpul's fault that everyone thinks they need 1000 PMAGS right this second like you'll never be able to get them again.

the only thing people are going to do with 1000 PMAGS is over pay for them and sell them at a loss later.

Same thing with Ammo.

****Edit****

I like like the Magpul 1911 Grips, and will order some shortly for my Sig 1911. I was skeptical about the Magpul shotgun accessories, but love them on my Remington 870. Great ergonomics and cheek weld. So far i've found you cant really go wrong with Magpul.

Last edited:

JWGuns

Aug 29, 2011
    Pasadena, MD

Bringing this thread back to life, I bought these from AIM this weekend, $18.99 and free shipping. I like them, not sure if I would put them on a "real" 1911, but they work for my GSG 1911-22. They have a very aggressive feel and cool Magpul look.

firefighter_21701

Aug 19, 2012
    FLORIDA
    They look decent on that piece. How do they feel when you shoot it? Would the texture of those grips be good enough for the 45 version? Looking for grips that would be compatible for my fianc. She wants a 1911 in the ultra carry II ( I think that's the one she's looking at). She's cursed with really short thumbs.

JWGuns

Aug 29, 2011
    Pasadena, MD
    They look decent on that piece. How do they feel when you shoot it? Would the texture of those grips be good enough for the 45 version? Looking for grips that would be compatible for my fianc. She wants a 1911 in the ultra carry II ( I think that's the one she's looking at). She's cursed with really short thumbs.

Haven't shot it yet, been too busy out of town working, I would say that texture would be just fine on a 45. You can't go wrong IMO

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Most have probably already acquired preferences already. My only concern was stated earlier. Plus I prefer wood grips. I've following the thread to see what the feedback is. I haven't anything on the 1911forum site. Might have missed it if there was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom