• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • racinghoss

Missing Alaska
    Nov 3, 2008
    Seems like a question to ask BEFORE you buy, lol.

Kershaw makes very nice knives. I dont personally care for tonto blades though. A friend has that knife in a drop point blade and he loves it. It is a nice knife.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Yes it is legal to carry, I carry a drop point blur almost every day. They make a very nice knife and their customer service is supposed to be second to none from what I hear, haven't had the opportunity to use the customer service myself.

Tactical Patriot

Jan 22, 2010
    Hello,
    I have never owned a folder and purchase this for $60. Is it any good and is it legal to carry in balto city and balto county. Sorry for the elementry questions, but I am new to knives
    Thanks
    Drew

http://www.kershawknives.com/productdetails.php?id=85&brand=kershaw

Kershaw Blurs are awesome folding knives. I own one, In fact I carried it today. I'd recommend a blur to anyone. All in all I think Kershaw is my favorite folding knife company.

My next folder may be a kershaw leek or kershaw pack rat

In fact here it is in a pic of my folding collection :) second to last on the right side.

folding_knives.jpg

drew

Nov 21, 2008
    Thanks for all the replies. Kind of and impulsive buy at an low price. I did not want to wait besides I can return it if i dont like it. seems like Kershaw makes a good product
    thanks

Tactical Patriot

Jan 22, 2010
    Thanks for all the replies. Kind of and impulsive buy at an low price. I did not want to wait besides I can return it if i dont like it. seems like Kershaw makes a good product
    thanks

I'm sure you will be beyond happy with it, it's an awesome blade. It's very tight and made extremely well. I also come super sharp!

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Drew i have that same knife, and i've carried everyday for almost 2 years. Recently i've switched to another kershaw, but i would love to get my blur tanto tuned up and carry it again.

For the money, kershaw makes a real nice knife.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    I really like the easy opening. I have the baby boa and need to replace my leek because I sent it through the wash and busted off the tip.

You'll love it.

drew

Nov 21, 2008
    Thanks agian for the replies. If you did not already know Walmart has got the Leek for $57 as well.

82ndShooter

Nov 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Hello,
    I have never owned a folder and purchase this for $60. Is it any good and is it legal to carry in balto city and balto county. Sorry for the elementry questions, but I am new to knives
    Thanks
    Drew

http://www.kershawknives.com/productdetails.php?id=85&brand=kershaw

I have this exact knife. I love it!!! I've been a Spyderco guy for years, but saw this at the Frederick Show last month and picked it up. Needless to say, my Spydercos are now in my bug out bags and the Kershaw is my EDC.

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    KERSHAWS FRIGGIN ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love me some Kershaw's, the hold up well, good steel, nice edge, and they don't break the bank. I carried a blur tanto for about 3 years and it's still in great shape. Nice patina with the edges pocket-worn. The only thing I don't like about tanto's is sharpening the transition (not sure what else to call the angle of the edge). Other than that it is awesome. I retire knives when I want something new. She resides in one of my backpacks. I'm now carrying a Kershaw Junkyard Dog II, plain blade. I bought the JYD II when they first came out and ended up with a 1/500 initial production marked knife and never carried it cause I thought it was worth keeping pristine for the collector value. I bought a new JYD II for a song (plug for manventureoutpost.com, awesome prices on everything) and now I'm carrying the current production model. Cannot say enough fantastic things about it. I also recommend the "Needs Work" kershaw, super easy to sharpen straight contour blade and sandvick steel. Kershaw makes some winners! Sorry about the long post.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    If you mean this one, I did pick it up about a year ago. Great knife. The blade has no 'belly' so I'm not sure it's as practical as it could be. Also the plastic grips are quite hard and a tad slippery when wet. Is there a 'reviews' section on this site, I bet we could do some good reviews. What other sites do you like buying from. I use sportmansguide and cheaperthandirt usually, a few others occasionally.

kerspic1820__20205_std.jpg

LeadPumper

Jul 20, 2008
    Kershaw Blur

Been using a Kershaw Blur (drop point) for a couple of years. Good knife, carrys well and keeps an edge.

Make sure you clean the lint out of it regularly or it'll gum up and the spring assist won't work so well. My spring finally gave out a month or so back and Kershaw customer service sent me a new spring and keychain bit driver with the correct star bits for that knife free of charge.

I like Kershaw.:thumbsup:
    KIMBER.jpg

-LeadPumper

Todd v.

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2008
    South Carolina
    I really like the easy opening. I have the baby boa and need to replace my leek because I sent it through the wash and busted off the tip.

You'll love it.

Send it back to them and they will fix or replace it free. Great people.

I have a blur that I use for outing and carry an older whilwind daily that's about 4 years old. I'm a mechanic and I'm not easy on knives but it's held up great.

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    I carry the original Kershaw Blur on a daily basis. I have the full straight edge, non serrated. This thing holds up to everything, from opening packages to shotgunning beers :D

Bri.marie

Jun 7, 2012
    Do they make or where to buy

I want to buy this kershaw blur for my boyfriend for his birthday,
    He specifically told me that he liked the tanto tip a while back, but hates serrated blades. I want to know if anybody knows of where I can buy the kershaw blur with the tanto tip, that isn't half serrated? Or if they even make one like that?

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Send it back to them and they will fix or replace it free. Great people.

I have a blur that I use for outing and carry an older whilwind daily that's about 4 years old. I'm a mechanic and I'm not easy on knives but it's held up great.
    I busted the tip off my blur, they will fix it but it was $20 for a new blade as it was considered abuse.

Heist

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 10, 2012
    MD/DC/NYC
    I want to buy this kershaw blur for my boyfriend for his birthday,
    He specifically told me that he liked the tanto tip a while back, but hates serrated blades. I want to know if anybody knows of where I can buy the kershaw blur with the tanto tip, that isn't half serrated? Or if they even make one like that?

I believe the Tanto model is only produced in serrated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom