• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joppaj

Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    This is great news. I'm currently a member at Continental. Unlike many people on this board, I have been fortunate to have nothing but good experiences there.

Me too

You may need a bigger site if the locals descend on you at one time. There are alot of us within 15 or 20 minutes of your location.

There certainly are

This....

I'll be hocking my wife's jewelry :lol2:

That could be very dangerous my friend, you just taught her how to shoot.

People have hit most of my big issues, couple that I havn't seen addressed.

PLEASE open early on the weekends, 0700-0800 would be nice.

Please permit pistol grip only shotguns. I'm a member at Continental and they do not.

This may be unpopular but I'll put it out anyway... What about having a semi-regular "new-shooter time"? Extra RSO's available, calibers limited to probably 45acp/ .357mag so that potentially nervous new shooters aren't standing next to me and my 12ga thier first time on the line.

Will you have classroom space available?

***joppaj's single father dream***

One day, some range will provide quality childcare like most health clubs do so that our kid can watch Disney movies for an hour while we shoot.

HarCo.45

Nov 4, 2010
    Not a fan of H&M and Continental is a long drive from Harford... If its good this will be my place. Membership please.:D

MauiWowie

I have the SIGness...
    Nov 23, 2008
    Harford Co.
    how about a wall of fame with small ammo cans with our MD Shooter ID's
    Kind of like a cheers bar theme.
    Again I'm just thinking out loud

JRoCc

MDS Supporter
    Jun 2, 2010
    Earth
    I've only shot at one indoor range and these were my only complaints off the top of my head:

1) Gun rentals great idea...over inflating a box/s of 9mm ammo and forcing customers to use the range provided ammo to me wasn't very customer friendly. I understand the technical theory behind using a certain type ammo with in house rentals but I feel the price didn't have to be over inflated and any ammo brought by the shooter would have worked fine. Unless a weapon requires a specific ammo what is the point?

2) I'd like to see a small bench waist high or higher if applicable mounted along the back wall so that each lanes user didn't have to store their stuff on the ground against the wall behind them while shooting. I personally don't like having to crawl around on the ground to go through my range bag if I need something. Just a little added convenience request.

3) Do something different...don't hire too cool miserable assholes to be apart of your new venture. Theirs no reason for gun shop people to show how rude/cool/miserable they can be to a customer while the customer is handing them their money. I know you've stated that this wasn't going to happen but I can't stress it enough. The range my wife and I shoot at only see's us one day a week as I know the employees on that particular day are the best of what that range has to offer. We'd shoot more if they worked more.

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    I've read through the thread, and what you have going on sounds Excellent!

H&M is less than 5 minutes from my place. I have no complaints about the customer service there, but since they refuse to change their ammo and target policies I will definitely drive the extra 20 mins to White Marsh to use your range.

Thank you! There are not too many good options in this area.

rdblan2

Mar 10, 2007
    Looking forward to coming by. Hate that On Target they come by and sweep my brass away when I don't notice. Courteous staff will be awesome, safe range will be a big plus. I don't want to have to shoot your ammo in my weapons.

Love the rifle calibers allowed indoors, love the no 2 second pause.

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    I've read through the thread, and what you have going on sounds Excellent!

H&M is less than 5 minutes from my place. I have no complaints about the customer service there, but since they refuse to change their ammo and target policies I will definitely drive the extra 20 mins to White Marsh to use your range.

Thank you! There are not too many good options in this area.

H&M did change their ammo policy. They now allow FMJ.

a81lp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 15, 2008
    H&M did change their ammo policy. They now allow FMJ.

when?

edit: just looked on there website and now see that fmj is allowed, HOWEVER it appears they jacked up their rate to 13.00 per half hr if you bring your own ammo. used to be 8 or 9 per 30 mins. F^ck them

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    Thanks for letting me know. I see they now allow FMJ, but still prohibit steel cased (wolf, brown bear, etc). I guess it's still a step in the right direction.

No problem.

I'm not sure when the policy changed. I just happened to notice it was updated on their site, so I called to make sure.

Even with the new H&M policy, I'm still excited about this new range.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Don't live near the area. Still waiting for a range(any range) to open here in Calvert Co....
    I've gone to indoor ranges before and good ventilation is a big issue with me. I now prefer outdoor ranges because one time I went to an indoor range when it was packed, there was so much smoke in there I left after only about 15 minutes. Had black boogers when I left, coughed up some gray stuff, and then got a bad throat/sinus infection for over a week. Bad ventilation at a range is definitely not healthy so I stopped buying yearly memberships and now rarely ever go there and only when it's not busy.

BigDuphis

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Pikesville
    If you're going to allow rifles, some sort of racks or other means to safely lean your rifles/shotguns not in use at each lane would be nice...and +1 for the idea of a bench behind you where you can put your stuff rather than on the floor. The ergonomics of some indoor ranges definitely leave a lot to be desired. I know one issue my wife and I had a continental when she was first learning was the open space overtop of the dividing wall. The guy to our left was rapid firing and a steady stream of hot casings were flying right over the top into my wife while she was trying to learn. So maybe some sorta catch net on top to keep people's brass confined to their own lane as much as possible?

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Me too

There certainly are

That could be very dangerous my friend, you just taught her how to shoot.

People have hit most of my big issues, couple that I havn't seen addressed.

PLEASE open early on the weekends, 0700-0800 would be nice.

Please permit pistol grip only shotguns. I'm a member at Continental and they do not.

This may be unpopular but I'll put it out anyway... What about having a semi-regular "new-shooter time"? Extra RSO's available, calibers limited to probably 45acp/ .357mag so that potentially nervous new shooters aren't standing next to me and my 12ga thier first time on the line.

Will you have classroom space available?

***joppaj's single father dream***

One day, some range will provide quality childcare like most health clubs do so that our kid can watch Disney movies for an hour while we shoot.

How about having experienced members/NRA instructors volunteer to be on hand for the 'new shooters' ?

I am not sure how it would work but I know it allow the staff to concentrate on running the range and have few extra sets of eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom