• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IronicEnigma

Apr 6, 2008
    Abingdon
    Hello!

First, glad to have found this site and looking forward to interacting, maybe meeting fellow shooters!

I live in Harford County, Abingdon and done plenty of pistol shooting.

I have scoured the boards and found some nice info on ranges, but I have to ask: what is a nice range to shoot rifles?

I recently picked up a Sig 556 rifle and looking to put some rounds through that and my 7MM Remington Mag.

Any info would be mostly appreciated and I look forward to spending lots of time here and at the ranges!

Thanks!

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Welcome.

For you, probably the closest public place is Elk Neck up in North East. It only goes to 100 yards, but otherwise is nice enough.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Hello!

First, glad to have found this site and looking forward to interacting, maybe meeting fellow shooters!

I live in Harford County, Abingdon and done plenty of pistol shooting.

I have scoured the boards and found some nice info on ranges, but I have to ask: what is a nice range to shoot rifles?

I recently picked up a Sig 556 rifle and looking to put some rounds through that and my 7MM Remington Mag.

Any info would be mostly appreciated and I look forward to spending lots of time here and at the ranges!

Thanks!

Welcome!

You the guy that bought the one at gun connection?

IronicEnigma

Apr 6, 2008
    Abingdon
    Thanks all!

I will be checking out Elk Neck shortly and am very intersted in the AGC range. I was looking at membership at AGC range, but not sure which club I would like to join.

And nope, not the guy from connection :)

Last edited:

GunnyHwy

Oct 18, 2007
    Howard County
    The AGC is nice. Some some of the clubs are focused on certain types of shooting. Others are more general. I guess it depends on what you are in to.

mike_in_md

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2008
    Howard County
    Thanks all!

I will be checking out Elk Neck shortly and am very intersted in the AGC range. I was looking at membership at AGC range, but not sure which club I would like to join.

And nope, not the guy from connection :)

Garrison gun club is hoding its monthly meeting tomorrow at the AGC trap house at 8pm. They are taking new members. Garrison has about 300 members and is involved mainly with Pistol, Trap, and High Power events. Just show up at the meeting tommorrow night (Tuesday) and when they ask if there are any new members speak up, and have about $200 ready. You will need to watch a safety video at the end of the meeting. Once you get through all the steps you will get a range badge.

IronicEnigma

Apr 6, 2008
    Abingdon
    Garrison gun club is hoding its monthly meeting tomorrow at the AGC trap house at 8pm. They are taking new members. Garrison has about 300 members and is involved mainly with Pistol, Trap, and High Power events. Just show up at the meeting tommorrow night (Tuesday) and when they ask if there are any new members speak up, and have about $200 ready. You will need to watch a safety video at the end of the meeting. Once you get through all the steps you will get a range badge.

I would love to attend...alas...wife is away on business trip (good to have a sugah mommah!) and I got babysitting duties.

I talked to a fellow at Bass Pro yesterday and mentioned Hap Baker. Saw a few threads on that range, sounds like another decent place to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Charles of the Manor

Latest threads

Top Bottom