• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blanco98

Jan 22, 2013
    Upper Marlboro
    Oct 1 is around the corner. I gotta scoop up at least 1 firearm b4 then. Any recommendations? I currently have Moss 500, Glock 17, and an Ar 15...

freddie

Mar 20, 2013
    You have the basics covered: semi-auto handgun, shotgun, AR

Perhaps a revolver?: DA only, SA only, DA/SA many many choices.

Or another glock in a different caliber.

To many to list - recommend going to gun store that does 8 day release and look over all the eye candy.

Most, if not all gun shops are well stocked.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Since you posted in handguns, Ill stick to that.

If money is tight, Sig 2022 best bargain per performance balance out there. Watch Gunbroker, I snagged my last one for like $300 new with night sights in .40 gay and wesson.

DocAitch

Jun 22, 2011
    North of Baltimore
    Why divert your money at this time to anything other than what will be on the banned list?
    Get an AK, AR, FAL, PTR 91 etc.
    Anything that will be on the banned list is my target right now. I will deal with the new handgun permit when the time comes.
    DocAitch

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Oct 1 is around the corner. I gotta scoop up at least 1 firearm b4 then. Any recommendations? I currently have Moss 500, Glock 17, and an Ar 15...

Glock 17 and Mossberg 500 will still be around post Oct 1st

Get an AK, AR-15 theoretically could still be had in some form (.308, .22LR or HBAR) so AK would be your best bet!

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    Buy multiple stripped lowers...keep one for yourself to build, and in the next few years you will be able to trade/sell them to finance bigger purchases.

If you can find something like a Smith Model 64, you can get a good blaster often for under 200 bucks. If you are looking for semi-autos, check the H&K USP/P30 or Sig 226/229...while I am personally a 9mm fan and virtually all my guns are 9, many people like having multiple calibers. With the Sig, you can do .40 and .357 with the same gun all using factory parts with minimal swap effort.

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    Buy multiple stripped lowers...keep one for yourself to build, and in the next few years you will be able to trade/sell them to finance bigger purchases.

I don't think I understand that suggestion. He won't be able to trade or sell them in-state. And beyond Marylandistan's borders in America they won't have much value as Americans will still be able to buy them at their leisure from many sources. Likely for lower prices than we have to pay today. :shrug:

I think it's wise to spend money on things we won't be able to get but will still retain value both in Maryland and in America in case he is fortunate enough to escape to America in the future. Like M1A, etc.

Of course having a few lowers to build after the O'Malley I'ron Curtain comes down doesn't hurt either.

ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013
    Personal opinion, I'd go with a classic hammer fired pistol.

Sig P226 or P229, or Beretta 92. Something along those lines.

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    I don't think I understand that suggestion. He won't be able to trade or sell them in-state. And beyond Marylandistan's borders in America they won't have much value as Americans will still be able to buy them at their leisure from many sources. Likely for lower prices than we have to pay today. :shrug:

I think it's wise to spend money on things we won't be able to get but will still retain value both in Maryland and in America in case he is fortunate enough to escape to America in the future. Like M1A, etc.

Of course having a few lowers to build after the O'Malley I'ron Curtain comes down doesn't hurt either.

:thumbsup: Don't waste your $$$ on stuff you can buy later. Waste your dollars on stuff you can buy before 1 OCT.

This is the list. Use is wisely. You can always find a way to buy everything else later when you are wiser and wealthier.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=109281

AlpineDude67

Feb 17, 2013
    Virtually all handguns will EVENTUALLY be available, although you may have to get a pinned 10 round mag for anything that comes with more than 10 round mags today. (That is a LOT of stuff, almost everything full size in 9mm is going to be over 10 rounds). Big exception - 1911.

The stuff you can't get again will be the AK, the AR-15, or like the Tavor and other bullpups that aren't long enough under the new length restriction.

My vote would be an AK, just because you cannot get one in any form ever again. Not everybody is into them, but if you think they are cool, now is the time to get one. Try to get one with a chrome hammer forged barrel, it will last longer. The AK-47 is the classic that shoots the big 7.62 round, the AK74 is basically the Russian version of the AR-15, it shoots a 5.45 round which is pretty similar to the 5.56. The AK-74 5.45 has the advantage of being the cheapest ammo per round vs. 5.56 or 7.62 right now. But it is imported ammo and corrosive, meaning you need to clean the gun almost immediately after you shoot it. If there is an import ban on 5.45 surplus ammo, the ammo cost advantages of the 74 vs the other platforms would disappear. Meaning if you buy it, you need to stockpile some ammo for it just in case the imported stuff disappears.

Doodle

Sep 5, 2013
    If you're thinking handgun, I second the Sig P226. I have the 9mm Tacops and its my favorite pistol. Fun to shoot, accurate, well built, and comes with four 20 round mags.

If you're looking for something that you know will be banned, since you already have an AR-15, go for an AK.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom