• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boatbod

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2007
    Talbot Co

Federal waterfowl regulations only permit a total of 3 shells to be loaded at any one time (2 in the mag + 1 chambered). The magazine may physically be able to hold more, but the extra space must be plugged with a device that can only be removed with the use of a tool.

SamW

Apr 2, 2007
    Western Md
    Check to make sure the gun is unloaded. Unscrew the screw on the end of the magazine, point the barrel towards the floor and shake. You will hear something rattlein the magazine. Shake the gun and a little wooden dowel should start to come out. If it doesn't fall out just give a pull on it to pull it out. Sometimes there are orings on the wooded dowel.

If you are hunting certain game in Maryland, leave the dowel in.

biermkr

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2007
    Almost Heaven
    Welcome to the site. +1 on attending the MD Hunter Safety Course (even though it is mandatory, for the most part) Go to a range or gun club if possible, and ask a lot of questions. Experienced gun owners will always lend a hand to new gun owners, at least it was that way for me. I personally like helping newbies any time I get the chance. That is why I coach a youth rifle/pistol team.

Good Luck!

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    Hello everyone. I just bought my first gun its a Mossburg 500. I live on Kent Island and am looking to get into hunting. But before I do I need to become familiar with my gun. I'm a little scared of not knowing what Im doing. I read the owners manuall but I'm still lost on a few things with my gun.

I was hoping to maybe finding someone close by to maybe go over my gun with me and show me what I should do and don't do. And maybe go shooting also.

Jonathan

Jonathan,

I live just a few miles from you in Queenstown and I've been shooting Mossy 500's for roughly 20 years now. I'd be happy to help you out. I drive through KI on my way home every day. PM me if you would like my help.

repair-man

Mar 27, 2007
    SW MD
    Another 500 owner here. I use mine mostly for busting clays and then throw on the 18.5" barrel to keep at home. That dowel should shake right out and just give it a pull.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom