• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Verbotene

Lurker Supreme
    Feb 27, 2012
    Not the sort of attention I wanted the 10mm to get.

Official shot count is up to 154? Wasn't it originally reported to be between 50 and 100?

Shift

Ultimate Member
    Apr 11, 2012
    Denton
    How very interesting, three 30 round mags, 154 shell casings, I clearly remember a statement from the county coroner saying all victims were killed with .223.

So not only do magazine restrictions make no sense since you can quickly and easily swap mags but when the police are minutes away you have time to refill your mags.

This one small fact proves a couple things
    1- Magazine restrictions are completely useless
    2- School staff should be able carry concealed

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    How very interesting, three 30 round mags, 154 shell casings, I clearly remember a statement from the county coroner saying all victims were killed with .223.

So not only do magazine restrictions make no sense since you can quickly and easily swap mags but when the police are minutes away you have time to refill your mags.

This one small fact proves a couple things
    1- Magazine restrictions are completely useless
    2- School staff should be able carry concealed

The article says 10 30 round mags.

45-70

Jan 23, 2013
    North Central MD
    154 shots fired in roughly 300 seconds (not exactly rapid fire) and 3 fully loaded magazines found at the scene. So he was fairly deliberate, 3 to 11 hits per victim. The shooting stopped when the police arrived, roughly 4 and a half minutes after shooting started.

He had a certificate from the NRA. Someone made some sickening comments about that. None of the guns and "thousands" of rounds of ammo were secured at home. He dispatched his mom with a .22LR rifle, obviously an assault weapon.

justiw

Jan 26, 2012
    The original text read as 3 magazines found with the body I believe. No details provided about discarded magazines but they did report 150 spent rounds.

Shift

Ultimate Member
    Apr 11, 2012
    Denton
    The article says 10 30 round mags.

They just changed it, I still have the story up and this is what it said. I just reopened it in a new window and it does say 10 now.

"Sedensky said in a statement that Lanza killed all 26 school victims with a Bushmaster .223-caliber model XM15 rifle before taking his own life with a Glock 10 mm handgun. Lanza also had a loaded 9 mm Sig Sauer P226 handgun with him inside the school, Sedensky said, as well as three, 30-round magazines for the Bushmaster. Recovered at the scene were 154 spent bullet casings."

Verbotene

Lurker Supreme
    Feb 27, 2012
    They just changed it, I still have the story up and this is what it said. I just reopened it in a new window and it does say 10 now.

"Sedensky said in a statement that Lanza killed all 26 school victims with a Bushmaster .223-caliber model XM15 rifle before taking his own life with a Glock 10 mm handgun. Lanza also had a loaded 9 mm Sig Sauer P226 handgun with him inside the school, Sedensky said, as well as three, 30-round magazines for the Bushmaster. Recovered at the scene were 154 spent bullet casings."

Hah! I'm not crazy!

Conspiracy! :tinfoil:

rotag

Mar 9, 2012
    pasadena
    What happened to the 4 pistols found in the school and the AR-15 in the trunk of the car. This story changes everytime they report on it.....and what happened to the guy they pulled out of the woods beside the school that they took away? it was on all of the news videos that day. He was dressed exactly like the original description of the shooter....

NY Transplant

Wabbit Season/Duck Season
    Apr 2, 2010
    Westminster, MD

But at what caliber?

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Lanza carried out killings 'as act of revenge after suffering from years of bullying at school

And ...

A family friend also told the paper in the months leading up to the shooting he would dress up in military camouflage and target shoot in his basement with a pellet gun.

The family friend said he believes Lanza, who wanted to become a Marine like his uncle, snapped after he was told he would never be able to put on a uniform.

How is it that these little tidbits of information only get published in a UK online source ? :rolleyes:

TimGB

Jul 10, 2011
    I like how they threw in the NRA certificate thing as if it means something like he was sanctioned by the NRA or something.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    I like how they threw in the NRA certificate thing as if it means something like he was sanctioned by the NRA or something.

If they didn't have something as insignificant as the certificate issued by an 'NRA-sanctioned' org, they would have probably mentioned that he scrawled "NRA" on the back of a napkin while having breakfast at Denny's the morning before the shootings, just to drive home a talking point.

The NRA has to be made out to be the boogie-man by the liberal media and the progressive left. What they don't understand is that WE ARE THE NRA as demonstrated by the explosion in membership and donations pouring in, not from the firearm industry, but from individuals who value liberty and freedom, and the ultimate mechanism to protect it.

CAS_Shooter

Jan 24, 2012
    WHen you are crazy, looking for rational reasons is irrational. Yet, the search for such from all sides goes on. You cannot apply logic and reason and analysis as to the "why" actions of a crazy person. If you could, they wouldn't be crazy. He was. End of need to "find a reason".

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    I don't buy this crapola at all. That leaves me with these questions.

If revenge were the motive...

1. Why would he target an elementary school?

2. Why would he wait until age 20 to do this?

3. Why shoot people at random? Instead of targetting specific people, i.e. the "bullies"?

Because he was crazy? Like I had to learn with my ex wife, do not try to make sense of crazy people. It will only make you crazy as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom