• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Nice pick up. Didn't know they carried CZs. I have a 75 Shadow Target SAO and a P-01. Two of my favorite guns. Next I'd like to find a 75 DA/SA.

Sunir

Jul 10, 2013
    The P07 and P09 guns have great triggers and are reliable from the factory but having the option to modify them reliably with no cutting, polishing and down time is a big plus for any handgun. The skeletonized race hammer looks better then anything I have seen on a 1911.
    There is a good disassembly and assembly video made by a guy who installed the parts. That owner is achieving 3" groups at 100yds with his P09 .

Nice! Got a link to the vid(s)? Post a pic of that skelly hammer...did you already install it? The P07 is already a sharp edge sorta tough looking thing, I bet it looks even meaner with the Skelly race hammer!

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Nice! Got a link to the vid(s)? Post a pic of that skelly hammer...did you already install it? The P07 is already a sharp edge sorta tough looking thing, I bet it looks even meaner with the Skelly race hammer!

Here is a video of the disassembly. The guy is working with the new hammer so you can see what it looks like however seeing it on the gun with the hammer forward looks nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChRsfL_xyHs

There are two different style factory hammers. The first version is round and in the 2014 model it's elliptical. Both were a bit of a distractor and never really looked right. The CGW race hammers shape flows with the aesthetics of the gun and enhances the look over all.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    I've heard good things about the Omega trigger, just need some hands-on time with the P07 or P09. Though I'd really like an SP01 Shadow of some kind.

I'm no gun smith but in my opinion after having taken apart my P07 I think the engineer who developed the Omega trigger is a genius. Anytime you can produce a reliable trigger system with the least number of parts and one that can be stripped down to the frame without the need of a gunsmith is elegant.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I'm no gun smith but in my opinion after having taken apart my P07 I think the engineer who developed the Omega trigger is a genius. Anytime you can produce a reliable trigger system with the least number of parts and one that can be stripped down to the frame without the need of a gunsmith is elegant.

None of mine are Omegas, my understanding is the Omega goes a long way to reduce the CZ's notorius trigger slap.

Kolholznik

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 16, 2014
    I've heard once it breaks in it's super smooth anyway, I'm just impatient.

It does... and it will much sooner than you think. My friends thought I had lost my mind when I bought a CZ 75B (DA/SA) until they saw how it shot. Then, they all wanted mine! It probably had 200-300 rounds thru before I noticed a perceptible change in trigger pull. 200-300 more and it was like butter. I never really felt the need to make it any 'better' because it shot accurately enough with no modifications.

I was at Cresap on Sunday afternoon shooting my Sig 1911 (new favorite pistol) and the shooter right next to me had four guns in cases on his bench - Sig P226, Beretta 92, Glock and a CZ 75. I asked him which one was his favorite and without hesitation he said it was the CZ. I'll soon be in the market for another 9mm and I'm giving some serious thought to another 75B or the compact version of it.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    None of mine are Omegas, my understanding is the Omega goes a long way to reduce the CZ's notorius trigger slap.

I have a pre-B that never had any trigger slap and the trigger is nice probably because it's worn in.
    I have only dry fired a B model and the trigger wasn't anywhere as good.

If anything bad can be said about a CZ is with the firing pin block when they tried to comply with the industry standards at the time and it's probably why they offered non firing pin blocked guns for enthusiasts.
    This is why people had to spend a small fortune on a trigger job.

The Omega redesign addresses the failings of the previous B designated guns.
    I found the Omega very similar to my pre-b trigger except that my pre-b was still better because it had a shorter reset. After the CGWs hammer it has cut that reset in half. Both triggers are very similar now.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I have a pre-B that never had any trigger slap and the trigger is nice probably because it's worn in.
    I have only dry fired a B model and the trigger wasn't anywhere as good.

If anything bad can be said about a CZ is with the firing pin block when they tried to comply with the industry standards at the time and it's probably why they offered non firing pin blocked guns for enthusiasts.
    This is why people had to spend a small fortune on a trigger job.

The Omega redesign addresses the failings of the previous B designated guns.
    I found the Omega very similar to my pre-b trigger except that my pre-b was still better because it had a shorter reset. After the CGWs hammer it has cut that reset in half. Both triggers are very similar now.

Not criticizing, love my CZ, my original B does have a little bit of slap and there is a fair amount of chatter in CZ groups about trigger slap. My P01 a hair, havent tried my CZ75BD or Pre-b yet. They actually are my favorite handgun by far.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Not criticizing, love my CZ, my original B does have a little bit of slap and there is a fair amount of chatter in CZ groups about trigger slap. My P01 a hair, havent tried my CZ75BD or Pre-b yet. They actually are my favorite handgun by far.

I would love to own a P01. I held it at a gun show and it felt like it was made for me.

Sunir

Jul 10, 2013
    ^^^ What's the difference in P01 and SP01? I would like to own a Pre-B at some point. For now I will enjoy the heck out of my P07...that's the plan :-) Oh and my vintage CZ's but those are occasional range trip duty guns.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    ^^^ What's the difference in P01 and SP01? I would like to own a Pre-B at some point. For now I will enjoy the heck out of my P07...that's the plan :-) Oh and my vintage CZ's but those are occasional range trip duty guns.

P01 is the compact. Its sweet.

The fact that CZ keeps putting retro models out (short rail) and others with pre-B features is enough to make one want an HQL.

DocAitch

Jun 22, 2011
    North of Baltimore
    Just checked out the Gun Bunker in Shrewsbury PA.
    They have a 75 pre B, a 75B, a 75BD, as well as a an Armalite AR24 if anyone is interested.
    I know that they have a transfer agreement with a shop in MD.
    DocAitch

buttersnipes

Dec 20, 2011
    Annapolis
    Little update: received the cgw hammer, sear, 15lb mainspring, and floating trigger pin. I just stripped off all the components and just dropped the frame at bollingers for some burnt bronze cerakote (for the personal touch :D). On the slide, I've beveled the rear edge of the slide which interfaces with the hammer, and beveled the front edge of the breech face. This thing is going to be a contender for sure.

buttersnipes

Dec 20, 2011
    Annapolis
    20fq78n.jpg

Quick update: Picked up my frame from Bollinger's, and installed all of the aforementioned parts. What do you guys think? :D

Along

Mar 14, 2011
    St Mary's
    Nice. Did he have any issue with stripping the polycoat off?

I recently acquires a 97BD and a P-01, love them both, but have been thinking of having them cerokoted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom